• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Shots from my SD

cozy23

Well I couldn't hunt today so I got my sit drag out to practice a little more. This was my first time off the ground with it. I went through my whole routine. Installed a few steps, bag and bow hooks, hung my bag, pulled the bow up, transition from linemans belt to tether. I'm really loving this thing.

I took 2 shots real quick while I was up there and was happy with the results!
c8a33d207548c2953487278aecd58a10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I love how those arrows look but isn't it hard to analyze blood on them?

I love how those arrows look but isn't it hard to analyze blood on them?
I've only shot 1 deer with them so far. It wasn't an issue. There's plenty of white in there to see the blood. They are Bloodsports so they have the blood ring as well.

Well my bow was stolen last night. Won't be able to hunt for the rest of the season now. Gotta love criminals!

Well my bow was stolen last night. Won't be able to hunt for the rest of the season now. Gotta love criminals!

OMG that's horrible!

Yep. Was a very unpleasant surprise this morning when I got in my truck. I've kept it in my truck all season because I was afraid I would forget it when I went hunting.

That would be covered under your home owners insurance, assuming you were parked at home and have insurance .

I hate people like that. That sucks man i would cry if I was in that position. I would look into calling your insurance company like Kenn suggests. Also since all bows have a serial number if you have that information handy that could help if they attempt to pawn it.

Insurance company said they could potentially drop me if I claimed it since I have another claim from a couple years ago.

Insurance company said they could potentially drop me if I claimed it since I have another claim from a couple years ago.

Doesn't that suck? Isn't that the point of insurance? It's one thing if you burn your house down on purpose, but when something is stolen out of your home and they say they might drop you if you claim it, well that defeats the whole purpose. BS.

Exactly. Luckily my buddies dad is going to let me use his crossbow for the rest of the season. The property I hunt is bow only.

I would make the claim on to the insurance company and as soon as you get a new bow switch to a new company. Insurance companies tell you all sorts of stuff. A few months ago they told me they wanted to total out my 2002 car after hitting a deer. I told them I wanted it fixed. They asked me about buying me a different car. Long story short I got my car fixed. They also told me I had to build a deck or porch on the back of my house or lag bolt a steel gate over the sliding doors. I told them I could build a deck or pay their premium. I'm hoping to build one next summer if I have the money. Insurance companies are bullies and not used to people standing up to them. I break even with the insurance for the autos every three years and haven't been cancelled yet.

Back