• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First, you start with a Roux...

Swampfox

62b6d4d5ac7c75c015613579f189603f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14eb389ca47f219ff8c7054954a45c2c.jpg
once back to a boil add a dozen eggs. Very important not to stir after the eggs are added! Bring to a very slow boil letting the eggs cook.

Just ate... but somehow I am hungry again. Looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i have never seen eggs added like that. But when most things are started with a a roux, its gonna be good

The old Cajun lady that used to live next to us would laugh at your roux. She stirred it and stirred it and cooked it until it looked like chocolate syrup.

Still looks good though. Think you could ship a thermos of it to Abalama?

The old Cajun lady that used to live next to us would laugh at your roux. She stirred it and stirred it and cooked it until it looked like chocolate syrup.

It also depends on what dish you're cooking how dark you want your roux. Some dishes call for a blond roux, Some a light roux and some a dark. I like the eggs looking like that man that makes me hungry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Butter and flour roux for an étouffée,
Brown gravy’s get oil and flour....

It was kinda funny when the paw in law came over for Father’s Day....

So I cooked the étouffée and before we could set the table I had to move the thread injector off the kitchen table. Paw in law looked at me said “damn boy , you cook and sew....why the hell you even bothered with getting married!” Lol

Butter and flour roux for an étouffée,
Brown gravy’s get oil and flour....

Had to Google that there etouffee stuff and make sure you wasn't insultin' me.

Don't mind me, my home state's cuisine consists of pickled pigs feet and Milo's sweet tea. Peanuts in Coke if you're feeling like dessert.

Let’s talk more about these eggs. Did you crack them and just dump them in there raw? I always boiled on the side then peeled and let them cook down in the gravy.

Let’s talk more about these eggs. Did you crack them and just dump them in there raw? I always boiled on the side then peeled and let them cook down in the gravy.

Something about a boiled egg yolk makes me want to gag, but this is the first time it has looked appetizing. I was wondering about when you peel them here too.

Back