• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Foot cinch aider

swampsnyper

Well let me jump on the bandwagon. I had the one aider attached to each step and liked it but sometimes with heavier clothes, it was hard to get my foot in the loop. Then I seen Red and DaveT's aiders and thought one aider to carry up was a great idea to avoid them flapping in the wind but still wanted to solve the problem that occurs sometimes when you have a little trouble getting your foot in the loop or possibly dropping the aider. The only problem I ever really had was getting my foot in the pre-made sized aider with heavy clothes. Not having to step into a loop and it always being on your foot seems like a win win situation. Plus you can help lift your foot up with the strap with this method if heavy clothes are restricting you. I bet it will even double as a deer drag. I've been playing with it all day and really like it. Hasn't been hunt tested yet.

Last edited:
That's my big hurdle right now, figuring out the best method to climb. Keep testing, looks like you almost have it figured out for me! My kestrel shipped today.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's blurry. Your video only has the option to view in 240p which is standard definition and very blurry.

When you're uploading, you need to make sure you check the option to upload in high definition...at least 720p. That will be very crisp and clear.

So doesn't this eliminate the need for aiders on the sticks??? One and done right??!?!

Well it doesn’t eliminate it, you are just taking it with you to every stick.
Right, I'm just saying that you don't have to put one on each stick, therefore savings on weight ( as insignificant as it may be) and also never have to fish your boot through an aiders that you can't see.... At one point I thought @swampsnyper had the intellectual capacity of a hermit crab but now I see how wrong I was.

Right, I'm just saying that you don't have to put one on each stick, therefore savings on weight ( as insignificant as it may be) and also never have to fish your boot through an aiders that you can't see.... At one point I thought @swampsnyper had the intellectual capacity of a hermit crab but now I see how wrong I was.
I thought your capacity was even smaller, so I felt the need to clarify!!!!

Sometimes I surprise myself! The main thing is not having to fish your foot in the loops any more. Plus the sticks pack up neater with less straps to wrap up. Also no flapping in the wind on each stick.

A petzl foot loop aider will tighten around your boot and adjust like a prussic or ropeman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ab3f2442176b5ddee8abbceba65c1743.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back