• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Gear Hanger & Bow Holder

g2outdoors

Vendor Rep
I wanted to post my gear hanger. It's basically two pieces of 1" webbing that I sewed into a long molle loop. Then I made a connector out of 1/4 bungee cord and some hooks I had left over from a kayak project. I've tried a LOT of different gear hangers and this is my favorite so far. It packs small and lives in a pouch on my left hip attached to my SitDrag.

My bow hangs on the left side of the tree on the Qlipter. My pack/quiver/whatever else hangs on 2 s-biners on the right. All the clips stay attached to the molle loops at all times. That way I don't have to fish for them.

Once I'm on my tether I pass the webbing around the tree, hook the bungee hooks into whatever molle loop makes sense and I'm ready to go. It takes 15 seconds to install. Hope it helps someone.

asjdfk_zps7tkmjlru.jpg

The picture below shows the Qliptor. This is what I use to hang my bow. It's the best thing I've ever found for the purpose.

PHOTO_20161022_184652_zpsrbccortn.jpg

These are the "S" biners I use. They hold 75lb each. I removed one of the spring loaded closures. I like using that one better. I think I'm going to buy 2 or 3 more clips and remove the springs. It makes using them super easy.

PHOTO_20161022_184759_zpsj4fdfpqv.jpg

This is the 1/4 bungee loop I made. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the hooks are adjustable to accommodate really large trees.

PHOTO_20161022_185151_zps6rccglt7.jpg

Last edited:
NICE. I use Daisy Chains like that (I already have them) and they can double as my personal anchor system if needed.
I like that shock cord idea. I just use the weight of my pack to hold the daisy chain closed but something like that would help it stay put.

I had tried to make something like that Qlipter but never got it right. Gotta pick up one of those.
This season I have been hanging my bow on the stopper knot of my tether. That's fine unless I need to move my tether while my bow is hanging :)

This pic is from a few years ago. Since then I started leaving the Daisy Girthed to my pack and stowed in the top with a carabiner on the end. Then I could just pull it out around the tree and clip it to itself.

00small22213163.JPG

Last edited:
I think the Qlipter might be one of my new favorite things. It COULD NOT work any better. I love it.

I was originally feeding it back through itself like you do. But I like being able to put my pack wherever I want, not just hanging off the tail. The bungee makes a big difference.

This is my mess... My bow holder is a monkey's fist girth hitched around the rope so I can slide it anywhere in the rope I like.

14344120_10209297928838954_7858114585921503_n.jpg

Back