• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Glow in the dark tape

LOSTnWoods

I put some small strips at each end of my double aiders and in the groove of each step. Wrapped around so you can see them on the front and underneath too.

will this spook deer? Will a deer be able to see the glow.

first year saddle hunting and using aiders I thought this would greatly help me as I feel more confident.

thanks for your feedback

I put some small strips at each end of my double aiders and in the groove of each step. Wrapped around so you can see them on the front and underneath too.

first year saddle hunting and using aiders I thought this would greatly help me as I feel more confident.

thanks for your feedback

I personally do not believe that glow-in-the-dark tape will spook deer. I mean, unless it is flashlight bright, I wouldn't worry about it.

I have been planning to do the same to my aider and sticks- just havent gotten around to it yet or chosen just what to use. Ive seen several videos of guys flashing deer out of their treestands without any real reactions so cant see glow tape bothering them.

Lightning bugs are brighter and don't spook them that I've seen. I'd say you're good.

Good idea putting them on the aider also.

I’m looking for recommendations for glow tape on my stick steps that well hold up well. Any suggestions?

I got a roll off Amazon, 1/2" wide. Put tape on my aiders lat year, and still glowing this season, though, do notice maybe just a slight bit dimmer. Only seems to need minimal light in the morning to glow long enough to get to a tree and up. Quite brite at first, but goes to "low burn" that lasts long enough to impress me.
542ea09a0e2bc79315c2e8fa97bd7a43.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

If you've got a Menards nearby, the duct tape aisle should have Duck-brand glow-in-the-dark tape. I use it to label things I want to find in the dark, rip off a square and write the contents of the container. I'd probably also tie a loop of reflective paracord next to it so my headlamp would hit it in the dark even if the glowy-glowy magic has worn off.

I bought the same kind as Gusarch used and have no issues with deer seeing or at least reacting to it. I have had them around and under me for 20+mins with not a glance at my sticks. I love having them on when its time to climb down, worth it to me.

thanks for your feedback
I don’t think so unless it’s moving.

I’ll have to send a picture eventually. So I ended up taking a black sharpie and blacked out the glow on the sides and underneath on the glow tape. it only shows on top Now. Works great.

Back