• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Glutton for punishment

essdub

Feb 22, 2015
Greenville South Carolina area
I just received this Anderson sling I bought off AT, and am expecting a big buck sling I traded a few Ameristeps for on here. I'm planning to keep one of them as is and the other will become a Frankensling experiment. I think I like to tinker with these things a little too much. Need to build me a stick/step/platform too. The one I have isn't as stable as I'd like it to be.
7c703f3d269b24c987e51c8a5e5d62af.jpg
42a007d1ea3e0f4357cba2e132549626.jpg
3d582b7fa5ae67e14c842c6ae1db0a8f.jpg

essdub

Feb 22, 2015
Oh crap. I accidentally edited my oriGinal post instead of posting an update within the thread. ***? Oh well, look above to see update

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
I was wondering lol. You will most likely want to take the "bridge" that came on the sling off and make a custom one like our other saddles. That will make it perform much better.

essdub

Feb 22, 2015
Re: RE: Re: Glutton for punishment

redsquirrel said:
I was wondering lol. You will most likely want to take the "bridge" that came on the sling off and make a custom one like our other saddles. That will make it perform much better.
Yes sir. I did. See the other thread I recently started about customizing/modifying Anderson sling. I took one of the Anderson slings I acquired and have really gone to town on it. The other sling i acquired is to remain unmolested. For now
viewtopic.php?p=18260#p18260