• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

H2 vs tethrd?

Jokerswild

Some tell me why I should get a thethrd phantom....when the H2 seems to be checking all the same boxes at a lower cost?

Some tell me why I should get a thethrd phantom....when the H2 seems to be checking all the same boxes at a lower cost?

Get the H2
We’re all opinionated and our opinions won’t decide what is best for you

The H2 stuff is really nice and if for some strange freak reason u don’t like it u can sell for almost what u paid and there will still be plenty of phantoms available since they’re produced much faster by multiple places

In my experience (and I have a lot when it comes to manufactured goods) is that quality control takes a dive in a lot of situations

That’s why I will continue to wait 6+ weeks for my Aero Hunter stuff

H2 should be doing most in house still
Plus after watching his videos online he’s a pretty laid back and humble dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think you have to get a phantom at all. Especially if you’re satisfied with what you have now. Easier said than done for me too, I know. It’s a struggle for me to break the “me too” feeling when everyone else is running at the newest latest and greatest thing. It sure feels good though when I don’t give into it. I have the H2 also and as far as I’m concerned it checks all my boxes too and is a nice price which makes it even better. I don’t have any plans to switch to anything new at this point.

Not saying the phantom is a bad saddle either. I’m sure it’s great. I just don’t feel like it’s something I need. And at the end I’m proud of myself for saving the money and just feels good being happy with what I have. As woo woo and fluffy as that might sound.

Well according to the H2 website the H2 saddle should only be used at ground level. That’s enough of a reason for me... ;)

Standard to a lot of companies still trying to figure out their wordings on liability.

Standard to a lot of companies still trying to figure out their wordings on liability.

I looked and they changed the wording. It doesn’t say that anymore.

I contacted H2 and he has a new bridge that is adjustable and looks highly functional and comparable to the uni bridge. he will substitute it on a saddle order for $15 or so more over bridge that is included. That makes the saddle $180 roughly, instead of $250 plus. My mind is made up as to what I will buy as I am not rich enough to justify more. And I feel confident that his saddle can fill my needs.

I contacted H2 and he has a new bridge that is adjustable and looks highly functional and comparable to the uni bridge. he will substitute it on a saddle order for $15 or so more over bridge that is included. That makes the saddle $180 roughly, instead of $250 plus. My mind is made up as to what I will buy as I am not rich enough to justify more. And I feel confident that his saddle can fill my needs.

I agree with this
It’s a really nice saddle

I haven’t had a Tethrd product but I assume they make some good quality stuff. Also, I am VERY green compared to many people in this forum.

I have had two different H2 saddles and the build quality is exceptional! Very comfortable and solid stuff. Heath is also very responsive when you ask questions. The only reason I sold my H2 saddles was because I wanted to try a Kestrel. Comfort was comparable. I sold the Kestrel so that I could dabble in the custom build world for a bit. You certainly won’t regret getting an H2 if that’s what you decide on.

Yes, with the new bridge it seems very comparable. Good to hear that people find em comfortable. I get it...tethrd has a lot of bling in advertising and development....but that h2 with the triad is going to force their hand on the price point.

It seems u got your mind made up regardless....buy whichever u want. These kind of posts are almost as bad as the when's my stuff gonna ship threads. Every answer you get will be someone's opinion and no information will be learned by people reading ....they are both good...pick 1

I have hunted out of a kestrel for the past 2 years. A buddy has an H2 and let me hunt out of this past January. I will get to a point here so please hang with me. I love my kestrel. The H2 was of equal comfort but there was a couple of differences. First with my kestrel during a 4 hour hunt I will have stand up and pull it down a few times, with the H2 I never had to do that. Not once. I didn't think too much about that until the Phantom was unveiled and the shape of the saddle was discussed. The shape of the Phantom and H2 are similar. I have had private conversations with people who tested the Phantom, people who I assume will give me honest feed back. They say the Phantom was the most comfortable/user friendly saddle they have tried, and this is from people who thought the Mantis was super uncomfortable. My only complaint on the H2 was the lineman's loops. I didn't like them at all. I climb a lot of stupid trees and disconnect and reconnect several times during a climb. For this reason only I would go with a Phantom if money wasn't an issue.

I like mine so far. Didnt talk to Heath in person like many but good quality and service. Missed the option for new bridge but 25 to add later isnt bad

So one stringer...what's the deal with the linesman's loops? Location? Size?

Good info from everyone btw.

h2 linesman loops are on the top like the mantis right? the phantom evens out the pressure to both top and bottom like the bridge loops. then you have the comfort "beads" lol. 2 big diffeerences besides the utilibridge

Yes linemans is just on top. Only thing some say is they dont like that the h2 arent stiff enough for hooking into. H2 does have an adjustable bridge too $15 if added on purchase and 25 if purchased later

So one stringer...what's the deal with the linesman's loops? Location? Size?

Good info from everyone btw.

The loops on the H2 are small folded over and sewn tubular webbing. They are plenty safe, just too much fiddle factor for my liking.

Yes linemans is just on top. Only thing some say is they dont like that the h2 arent stiff enough for hooking into. H2 does have an adjustable bridge too $15 if added on purchase and 25 if purchased later

i inserted some plastic zip ties without the head/buckle into the line man's loops. Gives them structure and holds them open eliminating much of the fiddle factor.

With rope gerth hitched to one side would only need to put zip tie in one side

Back