• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hand warmer muff

Root

I'm looking for some input on what hand muffs you guys are using and would recommend. Something really warm but quiet is what I'm after.

Well, shoot, I was just looking through my Amazon orders to give you somewhere to start, but it must not be around anymore. The one I got was just a fleece pocket with an extra layer on the front for a hand warmer. It had little mesh pockets inside the hand warmer section for hand warmers. I like it, carry my grunt tube and cell phone. Sorry I couldn't help more, I might try a search you might be able to find out what someone suggested last year if the link isn't broken.

The muffs that came with my Cabelas standhunter extreme coveralls are amazing. Almost to warm..

Anyone try the rivers west hand warmer bag? Watching it raining and thinking water proof would be a good idea.

Well I ordered both the cabelas and the rivers west. I couldn't decide!

I have a v muff . It's old like me very warm and being v shape it's easy to get your hands out.They do still make v shaped muffs.

Well after trying both out I have to give the cabelas the win. Last weekend it was in the 30s so I decided to swap out between hunts.
I have three problems with the rivers west. 1. It is basically a bag, so getting your hands into it is kind of odd from a seated position. Although it's waterproof water would run down my arms and into the bag due to the angle. 2. Without air activated warmers in it, it isn't very warm even in the 30s. 3. I'm not the biggest guy out there and my hands felt jammed together. I think it is the angle you have to put your hands in.

I will give it two pluses. 1. It is a dead quiet material. 2. It weighs practically nothing and lays very flat so it doesn't get in the way.

The cabelas was quiet and warm. Even wearing very thin scentlok gloves my hands never felt cold.

Legendary Whitetails carry a v shaped one. Easy in and out hand openings, place for handwarmers and a clear vinyl window under a flap if you need to look at your phone. $30 plus $6 shipping. Had %20 off any order over $75 and free shipping I think.

Back