• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk Hangout Tree Seat Platform

musky19

Hello, new to posting, not new to the forum as a reader. Thought I'd give you all my thoughts on the Hawk Hangout as a platform. I've been following all the threads regarding platforms, steps, DIY, modified ect. I figured it would be a time/money saver to give the Hawk a try. Pro's: It's a good size platform that actually allows me to stand and turn without the assistance of my sit/drag, I'm 6'3 240. It secures to the tree well with the included ratchet strap. It's a little noisy, however, I'm sure someone will develop an idea to utilize XOP or LW straps with buttons. The nylon bushings and teflon washers keep it quiet and it is easy to level with the included adjustment bolt. Cons: It's a little on the heavy side for those of you wanting to stay as light as possible, it's listed at 6lbs. It does shift, slightly, if not very tightly secured to the tree. I've put alot of side pressure on the seat and it's been pretty solid. Not a big fan of the brackets, however, swapping out with LW, XOP or Muddy would be easy enough. Overall, I think the Hawk is an adequate platform, however, weight and attachment issues are a minor concern.

I bought the same platform. I put an additional ratchet strap on and still had issues with it shifting side to side. I'm 5'11 and 240 lbs. Other than that it seems like a good platform. Just not sure I want to use it with the saddle.

I'll be using mine this year. Planning on a couple of builds this winter, not enough time to work on them before the season. Once I complete the builds the Hawks will be useful on my run and gun ground hunts during the shotgun season. Those seat cushions are really comfortable.

For $40 bucks its a very nice seat. I just used it the other night 26 feet up in the tree and was nice and comfy. My only issue with it as a saddle platform was standing on it and shifting my weight to either side for a shot.

It does have a slight wobble, no matter how tight you crank down the seat attachment nut/bolt.

Are the tree brackets welded on or can they be switched out for another such as Muddy or Xop? What if you did what others are doing and cam locking it?

My review was based on what came out of the box. You could put Muddy or XOP brackets on the platform if they are the same size as the ones that came with the platform. I was thinking the same thing, but have not had time to mess around with it. If you try it let me know how it works.

LW brackets would work with with washers/bushings. You would have to relocate the seat/platform to the middle of the post for a cam lock to work. At least it looks that way to me.

Late to the party, but considering this myself
I just ordered my first saddle from Debbie at New Tribe
Aero Kestrel flex kit in the works!!

Honestly.... I bought one.... bought been working 80plus hours a week and it’s still sitting in the box in my dining room haha!
I will say it’s heavy for size but I’ll strap it to a tree this weekend and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay
Been working over 90 hours a week
I’ll get it out this weekend
I have wild edge steps on the way and a perch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead and bought one of hawk seats to try as a platform. Its pretty heavy to pack around which i disnt like and i wasnt abke to get it as solid to the tree as i wanted it to be. I had to go a different route for platform. Found a scooter footrest on ebay. Locks in better and lighter too.

Back