• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk helium mod idea

Gator88

I picked up a 3 pack of the latitude carbon ss sticks the other day. Weight is one thing but what I was really after was the packability and the fact that they lay flat. That’s what I’ve been looking for. I got a ton of hawk sticks and have fun modifying them and it got me to thinking that if we could remove the versa buttons and suction cups they would stack flat. Why can’t we 3D print or machine aluminum parts to fit on the outside of the stick to accept at amsteel rope mod exactly like the latitude sticks have? Right? I see all this stuff on esty where people screw in little 3D printed hooks to wrap up their attachment methods with. This would essentially be the exact same thing. I don’t have a 3D printer and I’m not a machinist so I can’t really make these mods, but have any of you done this? Or thought about it? I think it would be super cool.

Not sure about the stacking flat part but I did take the suction cups off each stick. This allowed me to take two sticks, with standoff facing one another, and nest them together. Then use a Nightize gear tie to cinch them together. I found this allowed me to pack my 4 sticks much more compact and less play in the coupled sticks, less banging together on my walk.

Who thread about 3D printing you might find useful. Pretty sure there are links to places you can buy completed projects from if you can’t print.

Back