• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Useful hunting related 3D printer files

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
I got a 3D printer last year and I've been learning the ropes of 3D printing. I haven't had as much free time to invest in modeling. There are a ton of websites with free files for you to print though.

Let's make this thread the place to share files to print DIY hunting related objects. Please keep this thread to discussion about 3D printing and the related files. Thanks!

I've really been eyeballing a 3D printer for one of my hunting projects (looking to build a custom feeder timer/controller), but haven't had the time or money to invest in one yet. Which printer did you get?

I've really been eyeballing a 3D printer for one of my hunting projects (looking to build a custom feeder timer/controller), but haven't had the time or money to invest in one yet. Which printer did you get?
The flashforge creator pro.

Get ready because it's another hobby for sure. Learning about different filaments, print surfaces, temps, settings, etc.. it goes on and on.

https://www.thingiverse.com/ is free to use & there's an option to order printed models if you don't own a printer.

Lots of files out there for hunting and outdoors.
Be happy to help anyone if they have a cool new design that would benefit everyone on the site.

https://www.thingiverse.com/ is free to use & there's an option to order printed models if you don't own a printer.

Lots of files out there for hunting and outdoors.
Be happy to help anyone if they have a cool new design that would benefit everyone on the site.

Don’t you have a few hunting options listed on there?
I think I saw a wild edge style step in there with the same username...?

Shapeways is another good spot. I think you can buy printed items, as well as use other peoples Ike’s for a fee.
................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Last edited:
I got a 3D printer last year and I've been learning the ropes of 3D printing. I haven't had as much free time to invest in modeling. There are a ton of websites with free files for you to print though.

Let's make this thread the place to share files to print DIY hunting related objects. Please keep this thread to discussion about 3D printing and the related files. Thanks!
Do you have a recommendation for a 3D printer?

Don’t you have a few hunting options listed on there?
I think I saw a wild edge style step in there with the same username...?

Shapeways is another good spot. I think you can buy printed items, as well as use other peoples Ike’s for a fee.
................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

Yeah, I post there a bit, always looking to mess with new stuff or make a printable version. Never know when you post something that's going to take off. I have a couple arrow storage options that work really nice but nothing specific to saddle hunting yet maybe soon.

As for the Wild edge knock off was trying some designs to see if anything worked (still need to print and try)

One note for anybody reading here is all materials and printers are not created equal do your research if your getting into it. Especially if you intend on trying them in any weight bearing manner. Be Safe always have a back up...

Do you have a recommendation for a 3D printer?
I'm not too deep into it. I did some research, had a bunch of amazon points and gift cards so I could afford that one. So far for my limited abilities I've been happy with it though!

My son used one when he went to Penn state university . He made things for the robotics club. Those thing are awesome.

I'm not too deep into it. I did some research, had a bunch of amazon points and gift cards so I could afford that one. So far for my limited abilities I've been happy with it though!

That's a decent printer you should be able to print some really cool stuff. I run my works 3D Printers let me know if you need any help, different then my models but they all run about the same.

Last edited:
That's a decent printer you should be able to print some really cool stuff. I run my works 3D Printers let me know if you need any help, different then my models but they all run about the same.
Thanks!

Light Weight Plastic Hunting Platform (Saddle Hunting) ????
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3784423

Idea Is a light weight hunting platform that's printable & easy to assemble, What everyone's thoughts? Anyone have time to print one for testing I can't get on my printer right now.

Attachments

• 863de027debbb6209c4d8d862b5646e5_preview_featured.jpg
    863de027debbb6209c4d8d862b5646e5_preview_featured.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 137
I have an ender 3 and I love it!! Works great for all sorts of projects. It even prints ASA which is great for hunting projects. I will upload a 3D step file I designed for my ring of steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Weight Plastic Hunting Platform (Saddle Hunting) ????
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3784423

Idea Is a light weight hunting platform that's printable & easy to assemble, What everyone's thoughts? Anyone have time to print one for testing I can't get on my printer right now.

I like the idea. Have you considered bringing the platform portion around further in order to allow for two aluminum tubes to run down parallel to the tree? Like a tree suit platform.
I do think you are on to something guys could get their platform printed and then buy the tube cut to size bolt it together and Robert's your mothers brother.

I like the idea. Have you considered bringing the platform portion around further in order to allow for two aluminum tubes to run down parallel to the tree? Like a tree suit platform.
I do think you are on to something guys could get their platform printed and then buy the tube cut to size bolt it together and Robert's your mothers brother.
I haven't thought of that, could try to work up an idea. This was just the beginning trying to spark an easy to print relatively cheap design that works well. Even after posting I'm thinking of improvements Clevis pin design that nests in the printed platform, that would slide right into pack and be light. I just need some printer time to try it out.

I have an ender 3 and I love it!! Works great for all sorts of projects. It even prints ASA which is great for hunting projects. I will upload a 3D step file I designed for my ring of steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run our printing Dept at work, haven't heard of ASA (need to get on ordering some for "TRIALS") Like the weather resistant part with ABS properties. Cool thanks for the Idea. Defiantly post the Link!

So one of the nice things about going back to school is I get access to student software . I've got a student license of Autodesk Inventor if anyone wants me to try and CAD something up. My expertise isn't so much mechanical (more sparky than anything else), but I did mess around with it in high school, and did some 3D printing in college (we've got super fancy ones at work too).

Been thinking of some way to attach my platform to my saddle. Maybe I can come up with some sort of holster?

Back