• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hawk helium versa straps

Benb

Does anyone know the working load limit on the hawk versa straps? I am thinking of cutting the stitches on one end of the strap do I can step into it and using it as an aider that will hang off the versa button. Anyone ever done this? It will go on my bottom stick only.

why not have an aider you hook on the steps? I'd think they'd be stronger than just the versa button by itself, at least in a downward force.

I do but it doesn't hang out from the tree when I come down. I have tried all the aiders I know of besides the wire aiders. I've tried it in the backyard and seems to work well. I'll take pictures at some point. I know there are brighter minds than mine that can mod it better

I do but it doesn't hang out from the tree when I come down. I have tried all the aiders I know of besides the wire aiders. I've tried it in the backyard and seems to work well. I'll take pictures at some point. I know there are brighter minds than mine that can mod it better

I did this with a 6’ cam buckle strap from Harbor Freight. I took the loop on the end, and ran it through the hole on the hook, and over the hook itself. I had 1 I used, and 1 easily access able in my pack in case I dropped it. It worked really well. Only reason I quit is I went to 2 step aiders.
da77d80428b747b6afbe1cad09150a15.jpg

02e9c3b72c421ded9f45039021e3e680.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant.. Thank you! I tried to upload pics of my helium versa experiment but it was too big to upload. My brother was asking about my project for his sticks but I will definitely show him your idea.

Back