• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Central Pa

drkpsngr

I am seriously considering on pulling the trigger on a tree saddle of some type. I have toyed with the idea for a couple of years now. I hunt on State Game lands and am tired of the constant problem of people stealing hunting equipment. I like the idea of being more mobile, traveling with less weight, and spending more time hunting deer instead of trees to hunt deer from. Looking forward to any pointers or suggestions that people have to offer!

Welcome!
Sit drag combined with rock climbing harness is probably the cheapest to put together if you go through this site and put all the items together.
The best all in one package on the market right now is probably the kestrel or the guidos web. These are strictly saddles, you must choose your own climbing method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am seriously considering on pulling the trigger on a tree saddle of some type. I have toyed with the idea for a couple of years now. I hunt on State Game lands and am tired of the constant problem of people stealing hunting equipment. I like the idea of being more mobile, traveling with less weight, and spending more time hunting deer instead of trees to hunt deer from. Looking forward to any pointers or suggestions that people have to offer!
Welcome to the site, your in the right spot for information overload!

Welcome! drkpsngr and know each other outside of saddlehunter and it looks like he’s coming around to the idea. Glad to turn him to the dark side lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, go with the Sit Drag, you can always upgrade the harness later. Climbing method was the hardest for me to decide.

I grew up in NE PA, love it!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welocme had my first ever sit in a saddle last night. It was awesome. Should have made the leap sooner ...

Back