• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Montana

1simplemann

SH Member
Looking at saddle hunting for my area. I can think of several situations out here where saddle would be advantageous.

Great! Welcome to the site! :cool:
I think you'll love saddle hunting. If you have any questions we are here to help!

Red squirrel, thanks. Where in Jersey ya from? I grew up there. Born in Cherry Hill. Grew up hunting the Pine Barrens. I asked a question on the forum but it never appeared.Tried it twice and both times it never showed up. Is there a post minimum?

Welcome I love MT. If you were still in Jersey I'd ask you "what exit?". Where do you reside in MT. I've spent allot of time out there on fires.

1simplemann said:
Red squirrel, thanks. Where in Jersey ya from? I grew up there. Born in Cherry Hill. Grew up hunting the Pine Barrens. I asked a question on the forum but it never appeared.Tried it twice and both times it never showed up. Is there a post minimum?

I'm originally from Freehold but live up in North Jersey now in Parsippany. My dad's family is from Florence and I have relatives in Columbus too. I grew up hunting the Pine Barrens too. We spent a lot of time hunting Greenwood and Lebanon Forest.

There is no post minimum. If you are able to post in this section you should be able to post anywhere. What section were you trying to post in? Give it another shot and if it doesn't work pm me and I will figure out whats going on.

Bigburner said:
Welcome I love MT. If you were still in Jersey I'd ask you "what exit?". Where do you reside in MT. I've spent allot of time out there on fires.
So true. My buddy had a good spot along the turnpike for years till some new guy back stabbed him and got him kicked off the the property. I live in Great Falls, MT. Moved out here 15 yrs ago. Lots of critters out here to hunt!

redsquirrel said:
1simplemann said:

I'm originally from Freehold but live up in North Jersey now in Parsippany. My dad's family is from Florence and I have relatives in Columbus too. I grew up hunting the Pine Barrens too. We spent a lot of time hunting Greenwood and Lebanon Forest.

There is no post minimum. If you are able to post in this section you should be able to post anywhere. What section were you trying to post in? Give it another shot and if it doesn't work pm me and I will figure out whats going on.
I grew up in Tabernacle. My family belonged to a deer club in Indian Mills so I spent a lot of time hunting in that area. Dad moved away, so the whole club thing faded for me, spent the last few years mostly hunting Fort Dix or Vincentown where I lived till I moved out here. My post went thru finally. Weird. Anyway I just wanted to know how Mr. Eberhart hunts really BIG trees. I have my own ideas but I think a saddle is the only option.

It has been a long time since I hunted those areas too. We had a group of about 10 family members I grew up hunting with and from the time I could walk until early high school we spent hunting there. As the family members got older they started going less and less and my father and I started doing our own thing by us in Freehold because the deer numbers were better and we had more success.

I see that your post went through. Hopefully John will see it and help you out, I have a couple comments that I will post over there.

Back