• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hello from Spain

rainfc

Aug 3, 2021
Hello people from Saddlehunter!!!!

My name´s Fabián and I had been a hunter since I was a child, mostly big game here in Spain (reed deer, wild hog mostly), and I begun with bowhunting like 5 years ago. I previously came from olympic style archery. I was born in Extremadura, one of the best places for hunting in Spain, but currently I live in Madrid, where I have a field shared with 10 more bowhunters with wild hog, roe deer and fallow deer which we wait in plot and stalk.

I found this site as I had been interested in saddle hunting from more than a year, but sadly I found that is not very common neither in Spain nor in Europe in general, so we lack both of manufacturers of equipment, and near information because I've only found a couple hunters that uses saddles here.

I'll be looking to learn as much as possible, and buy as soon as posible a saddle for myself and to begin to spread the info here...

Best regards,

Fabián Calvo

Weldabeast

SH Member
May 23, 2019
Northeast Florida
Greetings from ur countries 1565 first colony in the new world.
U aren't the first from across the ocean on here....learn to use the search function and maybe u find some people closer to u than u realize.....
There is a member map if u can figure that out.
I asked the others so I ask u also ....would u mind describing the process/paperwork required for u to hunt in your country? I always find that very interesting

rainfc

Aug 3, 2021
Greetings from ur countries 1565 first colony in the new world.
U aren't the first from across the ocean on here....learn to use the search function and maybe u find some people closer to u than u realize.....
There is a member map if u can figure that out.
I asked the others so I ask u also ....would u mind describing the process/paperwork required for u to hunt in your country? I always find that very interesting
Of course, no problem. I'm not an expert in the requirements for foreigners to come to hunt here, but I can look for it as I had grown in the hunt organizers world myself. My father mounted two hunting enterprises (here are called different, but doesn´t matter) in the past, one of them still on business (unfortunately my father passed away on january this year)
Being spanish, for hunting you need two licenses and a insurance:
- If you are a powder user, you need your firearms license (either for rifle or shotgun, as they are different). For bow hunting, a firearm license or federation license as archer to cover the transport of the bow.
- you have to buy your hunting license. This is regional, as we have 18 "states", and is specific for your area. There´s a "interstate" license, but only cover 10 or 11 of the "not-so-called-states". This imply to go through an exam the first time, and later is just renovations each year
- You ought have a hunting insurance, which a pretty easy step, and also not expensive
Later, where to hunt:
- In spain there´s no public lands, you have to look for an organizer which have lands, or to rent your private land as is my case. Depending on the kind of animal you want to hunt, there´s also "tags" on national parks which are auctioned each year, or you can buy it to this organizers from private lands.

If any of you are interested on coming to spain for hunting, feel free to contact me, either powder or bow hunting... There´s not so many bow hunting organizers here in Spain, but I can ease you to contact with any of them.
Best regards,
Fabián

Mschmeiske

SH Member
Sep 4, 2017
New York
Welcome from New York! I hope to make it to Spain sooner than later. It looks absolutely beautiful and a couple of my favorite tattoo artists are from there!

Reactions: rainfc

gcr0003

SH Member
Nov 1, 2018
Of course, no problem. I'm not an expert in the requirements for foreigners to come to hunt here, but I can look for it as I had grown in the hunt organizers world myself. My father mounted two hunting enterprises (here are called different, but doesn´t matter) in the past, one of them still on business (unfortunately my father passed away on january this year)
Being spanish, for hunting you need two licenses and a insurance:
- If you are a powder user, you need your firearms license (either for rifle or shotgun, as they are different). For bow hunting, a firearm license or federation license as archer to cover the transport of the bow.
- you have to buy your hunting license. This is regional, as we have 18 "states", and is specific for your area. There´s a "interstate" license, but only cover 10 or 11 of the "not-so-called-states". This imply to go through an exam the first time, and later is just renovations each year
- You ought have a hunting insurance, which a pretty easy step, and also not expensive
Later, where to hunt:
- In spain there´s no public lands, you have to look for an organizer which have lands, or to rent your private land as is my case. Depending on the kind of animal you want to hunt, there´s also "tags" on national parks which are auctioned each year, or you can buy it to this organizers from private lands.

If any of you are interested on coming to spain for hunting, feel free to contact me, either powder or bow hunting... There´s not so many bow hunting organizers here in Spain, but I can ease you to contact with any of them.
Best regards,
Fabián
Welcome to the site from Alabama. What time of year is your boar and roe deer hunting seasons? How long do these seasons last? My wife lived in Madrid as an Au pair for a year. She wants to go back and visit and show me Spain. How cool would it be to squeeze in a hunt or two when we visit? She would probably not be thrilled. I believe there was a gentlemen from Spain that joined last year that sewed himself a saddle, if you are able to get in contact with him maybe he would be able to help you out. I’ll see if I can dig up the thread.
There are also some very cheap and very effective home made options for a saddle that are comfortable and safe. We can help you through making one if you decide to go that route.

Weldabeast

SH Member
May 23, 2019
Northeast Florida
Welcome from New York! I hope to make it to Spain sooner than later. It looks absolutely beautiful and a couple of my favorite tattoo artists are from there!
I have 1 from an artist from Madrid I met while he was here on vacation.....friendly conversation and some shared drinks at the bar and next thing u know I picked him up and took him back to my place for some 1 on 1 free ink injections. Man.... does that sound homo.... hahahahaha

rainfc

Aug 3, 2021
Welcome to the site from Alabama. What time of year is your boar and roe deer hunting seasons? How long do these seasons last? My wife lived in Madrid as an Au pair for a year. She wants to go back and visit and show me Spain. How cool would it be to squeeze in a hunt or two when we visit? She would probably not be thrilled. I believe there was a gentlemen from Spain that joined last year that sewed himself a saddle, if you are able to get in contact with him maybe he would be able to help you out. I’ll see if I can dig up the thread.
There are also some very cheap and very effective home made options for a saddle that are comfortable and safe. We can help you through making one if you decide to go that route.
Hello!! yes, i've tried to contacted him through his instagram. Our boar season now is almost all year, because we are hunting it under "by harms" law... In my land I have permission until end of august, but we will have the general season begining in october until february, where we ask again for permission until august.
Regarding roe deer, for stalking the season is from April 1st to Nov 15th. The general season for big game (boar, red deer, fallow deer and mouflon) here is from Sept 20th to Feb 28th.
If you plan to come to Spain don´t be shy to contact me... if you come in hunting season, I can take you with me for hunting near Madrid, and come back for lunch. :D

Fl Canopy Stalker

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Feb 4, 2021
Hello people from Saddlehunter!!!!

My name´s Fabián and I had been a hunter since I was a child, mostly big game here in Spain (reed deer, wild hog mostly), and I begun with bowhunting like 5 years ago. I previously came from olympic style archery. I was born in Extremadura, one of the best places for hunting in Spain, but currently I live in Madrid, where I have a field shared with 10 more bowhunters with wild hog, roe deer and fallow deer which we wait in plot and stalk.

I found this site as I had been interested in saddle hunting from more than a year, but sadly I found that is not very common neither in Spain nor in Europe in general, so we lack both of manufacturers of equipment, and near information because I've only found a couple hunters that uses saddles here.

I'll be looking to learn as much as possible, and buy as soon as posible a saddle for myself and to begin to spread the info here...

Best regards,

Fabián Calvo
Welcome Fabian,
Hopefully this site will give you some insight and resources to find what will work for you.

DroptineKrazy

SH Member
Oct 30, 2019
Brunswick, Maine
Welcome from Maine! This is the site you want for information on saddle hunting. That's for certain. Feel free to ask all the questions you want as there is a great bunch of people on here always willing to help out.

Reactions: rainfc