• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Help. One in lock down

MattMan81

SH Member
I got a nice 8 with a doe 40 yards in the brush. I'm down wind. How do I get him up?

Yeah I would watch him and it could be hours but I would wait till he makes a move then make your move.

Heck yeah teammate! Hope you get him!

(I would wait a bit, my luck any attempt at getting him up gets him headed straight away from me)

He either knows im here and is taunting me. Or doesn't care. She is at 40. He's back in the brush at about 50

If you challenge him, he may come. Grunt, and he'll probably take her elsewhere. That's been my experience.

Yah man the heck with the contest can you climb down and close distance without spooking him?

I mean... Definitely shoot him from the saddle, contest points matter more than anything, what would you rather have in the freezer, meat or points?

Back