• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hides for sale! Saddle fund!

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
So I really want to buy a saddle for this season but $ is tight with our new baby. So I thought I'd see if any one was interested some of the hides I collected last season.

They've all been fleshed and dried with the hair on. I haven't had time to soften them yet but I figured I would gage the interest in this idea. I'd be happy to go ahead and finish tanning and breaking them if people want them.

I was thinking fleshed and dried only maybe $50
If I finish tanning and breaking more like $75

Heck I might even trade for a used saddle... i just want a saddle haha

BTW- I do have some pictures but with Photobucket charging for hosting now I need a new option... whats everyone here using for hosting?

DwadeCham

Feb 23, 2016
I am interested. What kind of hides? Are they all deer?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
I am interested. What kind of hides? Are they all deer?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I guess I should have clarified that... Yes, all South Carolina whitetails... well, I do have one coon hide too but I was going to make myself a hand warmer out of that.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
You can load the photos as an attachment on to the site. This is actually better because it doesn't rely on another host. You may just have to resize them to make it work.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
Is it legal for you to sell your hides? I have no problem with it here as long as it is legal, but in my state I don't think it would be.

huck72412

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Nov 27, 2014
Oops, thought I was in pm. Wannabe sent u a message.

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
Is it legal for you to sell your hides? I have no problem with it here as long as it is legal, but in my state I don't think it would be.

It is legal in NC to sell hides of deer taken lawfully. I do appreciate the concern!

I responded to your message Huck..

I'll get some pics and post them a little later today.

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
How do you resize the photo?
If you open it in any basic photo software you can usually change the image pixel size. There is a limit on the size of the images that can be posted otherwise they would take over the entire screen.

wannabe

Aug 2, 2017
Here's the ones I have that are dried already.. I could have them tanned and broken in week or so if thats what someone wants.

image4.JPG
image3 (1).JPG image2 (3).JPG image1 (4).JPG

Maustypsu

Oct 5, 2015
as long as it is legal, but in my state I don't think it would be.

Says the guy who lives in a state where you can't pump your own gas. Haha.

I think it is pretty universal that you need a permit to sell trapped fur or at least fox fur. On game animals I think it is more varied by state.

Says a guy who is not a lawyer nor has ever sold fur except to a fur buyer, but has hunted and lived in a handful of states and going from recollection.

Reactions: alukban

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
Feb 19, 2014
NJ
WEBSITE
saddlehunter.com
Says the guy who lives in a state where you can't pump your own gas. Haha.

I think it is pretty universal that you need a permit to sell trapped fur or at least fox fur. On game animals I think it is more varied by state.

Says a guy who is not a lawyer nor has ever sold fur except to a fur buyer, but has hunted and lived in a handful of states and going from recollection.
LOL

Reactions: alukban