• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How Are Your Trail Cam Bucks Horns Growing

Bourdeau

I'm wondering why the bucks this year seem so slow at growing antlers.....was it the hard winter, the wet spring, or am I just not getting pictures yet.

Scouting this weekend i saw a bachelor group of 4 bucks....all still had fuzzy ball sac on their heads. Not sure if that's normal for this time but they are sure funny looking when they're at that stage

5 cell cams no buck pics. I wont pull cards for a long time on my others.

I've only gotten a few buck pics but antler growth seems pretty good down south. I was listening to a podcast with Dan Infalt yesterday and they were talking about the wet spring actually slowing crop growth up north. Maybe affecting antler growth up there?

SYEW1292.jpgSYEW2087.jpg

I haven't checked cams yet but I saw a bachelor group of bucks all with visible antler growth in the 2nd week of May while turkey hunting

Havent pulled mine yet.I was going to wait till the end of the month. During turkey season I saw 3 nice buck (2 different properties) that were out to their ears already. I am hoping to get some shots of them soon

I've only gotten a few buck pics but antler growth seems pretty good down south. I was listening to a podcast with Dan Infalt yesterday and they were talking about the wet spring actually slowing crop growth up north. Maybe affecting antler growth up there?

View attachment 12921View attachment 12922

It’s interesting how rain in one area hurts antler growth, but helps it in others. With very little row crop Ag in our area, a really wet spring and summer helps antler development tremendously.
Our main stressor period here is DEFINITELY summer. Usually here.. 110°+ temps that typically coincide with 4-8 week dry spells turn everything crispy and brown for the last half of antler development. This is looking like out 4th wet summer in a row, so body conditions of mature bucks should be top notch this coming season.

As for pics... I don’t know, haven’t pulled cameras yet.

................................................................................All climbing methods, platforms, saddle designs, and/or use of materials possibly mentioned in the post above are not peer reviewed for safety, and should only be used as an example of my own method. Do your own research and testing before becoming confident in any DIY solution to support your life.
-IkemanTx

I dont have any trail cams out quite yet but I did video this buck less than a week ago.
Not bad for the 3rd week of June. Too early to show rack characteristics in order to identify who he is.
abe7bd0d83cf3672affda3b8556da5d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I dont have any trail cams out quite yet but I did video this buck less than a week ago.
Not bad for the 3rd week of June. Too early to show rack characteristics in order to identify who he is.
abe7bd0d83cf3672affda3b8556da5d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dang.... that’s really far along!

Don't have any trail cam pics, but I did almost literally run over of fuzzy nubbed buck a couple hundred yards from my driveway last week. When he jumped back in to the woods, noticed 2 others standing in there with him! Could only make out the one, but he had a good six "points" going on... About the size of Carolinadogs top pic.

Back