• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How to measure bridge lenth ?

pinebarens

Hi first day in my kestrel bought it used from a member was told it was a fixed bridge at 27 inches seem a lot longer that that to me. And info would be appreciated thanks pine barrens

We measure the bridge from one attachment point to the other. So for example I use a 24" bridge, I have 12" on each side of my V coming down from my tether's carabiner.

We measure the bridge from one attachment point to the other. So for example I use a 24" bridge, I have 12" on each side of my V coming down from my tether's carabiner.
Thank you red squirrel i had about a 3 foot bridge tonight .seemed way to long

Hmmmm. I think there might be some controversy of what’s being measured throughout the site. I have carabiners on each end of my bridge, some people have one side larksheaded, some a ropeman and carabiner. All of which can give different measurements and points of measurements if some one is trying to make a comparison.
I include my carabiners in my bridge measurement of 34”. I actually hook up to my saddle loops and measure from saddle loop to saddle loop.
Could be confusing for someone making a bridge with rope or webbing and wanting to know how long to make it.
We need a standard!

Hmmmm. I think there might be some controversy of what’s being measured throughout the site. I have carabiners on each end of my bridge, some people have one side larksheaded, some a ropeman and carabiner. All of which can give different measurements and points of measurements if some one is trying to make a comparison.
I include my carabiners in my bridge measurement of 34”. I actually hook up to my saddle loops and measure from saddle loop to saddle loop.
Could be confusing for someone making a bridge with rope or webbing and wanting to know how long to make it.
We need a standard!
I agree with you. I would measure from edge of saddle loop to edge of saddle loop, that was what I was trying to say by attachment points.

I hereby make that the standard for referencing bridge length!

Back