• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Howdy from North louisiana

Shane Wink

Hello everyone. I am happy to have found the forum and looking to learning more about hunting from a saddle. I have a rock climbing harness and gear for no stick climbs but i would like to know more about hunting from just the saddle.

I'd be glad to sell you one when you are fully committed Shane. Welcome!!!

I am already fully committed to the saddle but unsure as to the one. I am a professional fire fighter for the last 26 years and certified in high angle rescue and other rope disciplens but I don't want to wear a class 3 harness in the woods :)

Welcome to the site! There is lots of information around the forms, but feel free to ask any specific questions that come up! :D

Thank you for serving and protecting the citizens of your area as a fireman. Firemen and women just don't get enough recognition for putting their life second to others. My dad was a retired firefighter and I know the things he has done.
Welcome to saddlehunter.com and once again, THANK YOU.

Welcome to the site. With your background, you'll be a Saddle-Pro in no time. I look forward to your trophy pics!

Thank you guys, but i dont know about that. going from a level 3 harness to a rc harness is a little diffrent feel and I can imagine even more so for a saddle. I will be hunting public land alot this year and want to stay mobile so I figured it would be a good season to try out sans the lock on altoghter

Welcome! What area of North La? I travel up there a good bit for work and hunt there some as well. If you're close enough to me, next time I travel that way I'll bring some of my gear for you to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the offer swamp. I am around West Monroe, Calhoun area but I work in Monroe, I am waiting on the new aero hunter saddle but would like to see your setup and ask a few questions.

Sure thing. I have two setups one being a TL saddle and the other that I converted to this past hunting is a sit drag with a RC.

I travel to Richland and Franklin Parish a good bit. Every now and then we get a little further west towards Monroe. I'll check with in you next time I'm up that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You gonna love it. I'd suggest an aero hunter to start. It has a lot of adjustments to change pressure points so you can learn what you like. That's what gave me the courage to take the plunge. I've been looking at saddles for years but always heard from people that love them or hate them. I realized most people don't give them a chance or their chose of saddle wasn't adjustable to personalize. There will be a learning cure. The more you use it and tinker with it, the better it will fit you.
Good luck. Message me if you have any questions.

Swamp I am getting the aero hunter in may or June. I am very ready for it to be here and to get a good bit of shooting in from it.

Back