• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hunting related 3D print files???

IkemanTX

Where’s the best place to find hunting related 3D print files? Thingiverse, Makerworld, cults3D, etc… seem to have very limited options or I just can’t find the right keyword groups to find good parts.

My brother recently got a BambuLab X1 Carbon and is more than willing to print parts for free when he doesn’t have another project going.

What are some of yall’s favorite parts, print files, and or 3d printed accessories that are hunting related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where’s the best place to find hunting related 3D print files? Thingiverse, Makerworld, cults3D, etc… seem to have very limited options or I just can’t find the right keyword groups to find good parts.

My brother recently got a BambuLab X1 Carbon and is more than willing to print parts for free when he doesn’t have another project going.

What are some of yall’s favorite parts, print files, and or 3d printed accessories that are hunting related?

I think the ones you have listed are what we are working with, albeit limited. I have found the best files on cults and have even purchased a few.

I work a lot with cad so I’m fully capable of designing my own parts but it’s one of those weird things where I have no desire to touch something that seems like work outside of work. I keep saying I will but I have 100 fun things to do and 1000 important things to get done. One of these days I’ll make some models to try out. For now I do enjoy just downloading stls and putting the printer to work. I’ve been trying to share ones I find here as they come about.

I think the ones you have listed are what we are working with, albeit limited. I have found the best files on cults and have even purchased a few.

I work as a mechanical design engineer so I’m fully capable of designing my own parts but it’s one of those weird things where I have no desire to touch something that seems like work outside of work. I keep saying I will but I have 100 fun things to do and 1000 important things to get done. One of these days I’ll make some models to try out. For now I do enjoy just downloading stls and putting the printer to work. I’ve been trying to share ones I find here as they come about.

I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to do work related things outside of work. After 12 years in the aviation industry, personal travel is THE LAST thing I want to do on my days off. Unfortunately, travel is my wife’s love language…

I usually look on Thingiverse or Printables, with cults3d being where I look when I remember to. If I end up designing my own, I usually toss it up on Thingiverse. There's not a ton out there, at least not that I've found. I find that I spend a fair amount of time searching for things like "arrow" and then just scrolling through while looking for whatever it is I'm looking for. People use some interesting keywords on their designs sometimes - things I would personally never have thought to use for keyword searches.
My favorite things so far? Some rope management clips for my EWO one stick, and most recently a Mathews Engage bow stand. I've really been digging that.
Although since I'm building some new arrows I've been getting some use out of the arrow spinner and arrow squaring tools I printed a few years ago when I last built a bunch of arrows :)

I usually look on Thingiverse or Printables, with cults3d being where I look when I remember to. If I end up designing my own, I usually toss it up on Thingiverse. There's not a ton out there, at least not that I've found. I find that I spend a fair amount of time searching for things like "arrow" and then just scrolling through while looking for whatever it is I'm looking for. People use some interesting keywords on their designs sometimes - things I would personally never have thought to use for keyword searches.
My favorite things so far? Some rope management clips for my EWO one stick, and most recently a Mathews Engage bow stand. I've really been digging that.
Although since I'm building some new arrows I've been getting some use out of the arrow spinner and arrow squaring tools I printed a few years ago when I last built a bunch of arrows :)

Do you a link to the Mathews bow stand?

I couldn't find a M3x25 bolt locally, so I drilled it out to fit a little larger standard bolt.

I wish there was one of these that works with bows other than matthews. I have a kickstand, but don't like my cam being in the dirt.

BT

Back