• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Iowa Turkey

Iowabucksnbass

Last day of Iowa 1st season.
25ca4c22768057f39b5d8875ebe22d0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that @flinginairos nailed how to make them simple cheap and light. I am getting some 12 inch sticks welded now.

Yes flinging made a great stick!!! I made a set but used 1/4” u-bolts to attach 3/4” 6061 1/8” angle 9” long for steps.
1/16” 1” 6061 tube 24” long.
Still need to put Amsteel and versa buttons on. I ratchet strapped to test the steps and no flex yet in the step but need to finish them off and do more ground level testing.
7de7b3aa3f37348fc5bfa6c7b72bb56f.jpg

Many ways to skin a cat and you do not need a welder who does aluminium Let us know how they work
Do you think the steps will move down the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Many ways to skin a cat and you do not need a welder who does aluminium Let us know how they work

That was my first thought, easy fix though. Just make sure the both u’s are above v bracket & make sure you always hang it with them above ....

Initially when bouncing on the they moved less than 1/16” but seemed to have settled in place now. I’m a lean mean 270. Not so lean or mean! Lol

Back