• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

IronWill Single Bevel with Bleeders or without Bleeders for Whitetail

IronWill Single Bevel Broad Head for Whitetail Deer with or with out bleeders

• IronWill Single Bevel With Bleeders

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • IronWill Single Bevel Without Bleeders

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Nosaj

SH Member
To bleeder or not to bleeder that is the question??

I am going to buy some more Iron Will Single Bevels and am trying to decide if I am going to get the bleeders for better blood trails or the without bleeders for a better job on a plan B bone hit. I used IWSB with bleeders this year and they make a nice square hole however, I did not hit bone other than rib on the deer I shot and do not have any first hand knowledge how they would do on a shoulder blade.

Any thoughts??

Don't forget to vote

My feeling is without. A single bevel will rotate and cut an S shaped entry and exit. This was a Grizzly exit. That should help the hide stay open. Just my 2 cents.
did you clean up this shot location after you found the deer or is this how you found it?

With, simply because you should be able to run them without bleeders if you desire. Also their bleeders are single bevel as well so your in animal rotation shouldn't be affected negatively

She spun at the shot and the arrow hit her in the neck shoulder junction on her left side, crossed her thoracic cavity and exited where you see it in the pic above, The arrow then sunk up on a tree. The picture in my avatar is the broadhead in the tree. She went about 40 yards, maybe, and piled up. I feel like they bleed a lot out of their mouths when they are hit with a truly sharp broadhead. Blood trails are just so unpredictable. I will say that since I switched to a good scary sharp singe bevel and heavy arrow the blood trails have been used more for curiosity than actual tracking. I have seen or heard most of them go down.

The one I got this season with the IWSB went through most of the length of the body cavity. I hit just in front of the hind leg and the broadhead exited through the opposite side ribcage behind the leg. The leg kept the arrow in the deer initially. I kept finding shaved hair along the blood trail where the broadhead would shave hair off the inside of the leg until the front half of the arrow fell out of the deer. Unfortunately I only hit intestines, stomach and 1 lung so it was a bit of a track to find it. I was getting both lung and gut blood.

Attachments

• 20221201_1147421.jpg
    20221201_1147421.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 48
How
The one I got this season with the IWSB went through most of the length of the body cavity. I hit just in front of the hind leg and the broadhead exited through the opposite side ribcage behind the leg. The leg kept the arrow in the deer initially. I kept finding shaved hair along the blood trail where the broadhead would shave hair off the inside of the leg until the front half of the arrow fell out of the deer. Unfortunately I only hit intestines, stomach and 1 lung so it was a bit of a track to find it. I was getting both lung and gut blood.
How far did it go?

Here is another doe. She fell just out of sight in thick stuff. She went 35 to 40 yards and piled up. The entrance was high up under the backstrap and exit low behind the shoulder. Same arrow setup. The blood trail on this one was like an 80's slasher flick. It wasn't needed though.

Attachments

• piebald doe 1.jpg
    piebald doe 1.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 40
Back