• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is this normal?! Tethrd Predator XL

Maine Hunter

Hello all,

I bought a Tethrd Predator XL yesterday. It was new in the box and hadn't even been installed on a tree. I know the seller could have misrepresented the platform but based on my inspection I did believe it to be new in the box. What I didn't notice was the bow in the center of the front of the platform. It is about an 1/8 of an inch bow (see attached pictures). I did attach it to the tree a few different times to try it out but I highly doubt my 160 lbs. caused the bow. I didn't overly cam it down or do anything outside of normal installation.

The platform is too big for me so I plan to keep my old one. I hoped to sell the XL platform but now I am not sure what to do. If it is normal / acceptable to have a bit of a bow then I'll sell it with a clear conscience.

I appreciate any help or feedback you can provide.

image000001.jpgimage000000.jpgimage000002.jpg

I've heard of some the earlier models warping while they were cast. Thought they would've fixed that by now though.

That looks a little warped, my brother Beasts stand is probably 1/4” bent down in the center and I keep telling him to send it back, but he won’t lol. I would definitely check with Tethrd on your platform.

I just checked mine and it’s straight. Mines a gen 2 for what that’s worth nowadays…

I’d say that’s definitely not normal…. I’d call tetherd and email them the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about contacting them but I didn't think I had leg to stand on since I'm not the original owner. I'll try and see what happens. Bad timing to reach Tethrd with an issue.

It may just be that I can't sell it and I end up with two platforms. I actually like my XOP Edge platform better. Smaller, fits in my pack, and locks wicked tight to the tree with a Versa strap truckers hitch. And yes, I know it weighs 5.4 pounds!

I thought about contacting them but I didn't think I had leg to stand on since I'm not the original owner. I'll try and see what happens. Bad timing to reach Tethrd with an issue.

It may just be that I can't sell it and I end up with two platforms. I actually like my XOP Edge platform better. Smaller, fits in my pack, and locks wicked tight to the tree with a Versa strap truckers hitch. And yes, I know it weighs 5.4 pounds!
I bought a Predator off the classifieds, it looked like new to me… still in the box, anyways it cracked by the leveling bolt just trying it in the yard, so I sent them several emails and left phone messages but they never would respond, somebody else on the forum happened to have one crack the same time and started a thread about it so I chimed in, after a week or so of that thread going ballistic they finally got ahold of me and swapped mine out with another new one, so yes they replaced my technically “second hand” Predator after it cracked, but I’m not convinced they would have had it not been for that thread and attention it received, I sold my replacement the day it arrived, so I’m not sure how you will make out but that was my experience, good luck!

I called Tethrd this morning and I actually got to speak with someone. He was a nice fella and he didn't blow me off when I told him that I was the second owner of the platform. He asked me to email him pictures and I did. I just heard back from him. He said:

"From the pictures you have sent us, we verified that your platform is still well within our specifications and that slight warp won't affect the function whatsoever."

I called Tethrd this morning and I actually got to speak with someone. He was a nice fella and he didn't blow me off when I told him that I was the second owner of the platform. He asked me to email him pictures and I did. I just heard back from him. He said:

"From the pictures you have sent us, we verified that your platform is still well within our specifications and that slight warp won't affect the function whatsoever."

That interesting…. Wonder what there acceptable specs are??

?!? Mine is over 6 pounds! Talk about variation in castings! It does lock on really tight though

I don't use the cam strap and that saves some weight. I use one of Hawk's versions of the Versa strap that came with my Helium mini sticks. I do the daisy chain truckers hitch. It locks up great on the tree. I imagine a normal Amsteel daisy chain would work just as well or even better but I had the Hawk strap already.

Are these early models or recent productions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tethrd was able to track down the original purchaser on mine and it was bought in 2020.
Supposed to have a transferable lifetime Warranty according to Ernie. SO shouldn't matter really. And mine started with that bad bow I think. I bought it second hand and the guy never said a word. I contacted Ernie and he swapped it no questions asked

I had a Trophyline Mission with a bow in the front similar to your predator. I emailed them with a photo just to ask if that would affect anything with the platform. The very first email I received from TL was a tracking number for a new platform with instructions to look it over and make sure I was satisfied and to put the original one in the box and send it back. The rep said it was just a bad casting and that it probably wouldn’t affect anything but that it still shouldn't have been shipped out and that they would make it right.

No questions asked. That’s how it should be done.

Back