• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

John Eberhart-Scentlok Blog

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
I had the opportunity to speak with John the other night and he let me know that he will be doing a blog hosted on the scentlok website. He is not being compensated by scentlok for doing this blog, he just has complete faith in their products.

Make sure you guys continue to check it out as he will be discussing his year round approach to saddle hunting and possibly even mention saddlehunter.com!

His first three posts are up and can be found at: http://www.scentlok.com/blog

Responding to an old post but looking for guidance on the scent lok suit. Can I get one suit that will be versitile enough to wear from Oct. 1 to late season?
Can I wear the sent lok product layered under warmer clothing in the late season?

What area of the country are you hunting? I hunt VA and WVA. I have one of the mid season pants and jackets. I dont believe its warm enough for the late season here. Anything below 45 and it might be too cold.

Responding to an old post but looking for guidance on the scent lok suit. Can I get one suit that will be versitile enough to wear from Oct. 1 to late season?
Can I wear the sent lok product layered under warmer clothing in the late season?

Bmac you really need to share where you plan to hunt.

I can tell you last season I bought the early season suit (can’t remember the exact name of it) and wore it on Oct 1 in Texas. I am not exaggerating one bit. I literally thought I was going to pass out by the time I got up the tree. My suit was completely drenched with sweat and I could smell myself. It was 90 degrees here and I couldn’t wait to get out of that tree and strip down but I had to rest before even considering moving again. I am in excellent shape and work hard out on our property cutting trails and shoot lanes all summer long in 100 degree temps. I have no problems with heat.

After that I would not put that suit back on until the temps got down to 75 or below. Now I was able to layer it and go out into temps as low as 55 or so after that it got pretty cold unless I put something warm over it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear early season stuff all year. When it gets cold and I start layering I just wear clean warm clothes over it.

Back