• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

JRB Ascender Hitch

John RB

Vendor Rep
For anyone who knows a few friction hitches or anyone still battling the prusik, you will be interested in this. I have tied and tried and climbed on literally every friction hitch i could find including many that are not formally recognized, and this one is really special. The applications for us are many. For now, just learn to tie it so you can safely experiment.
ed6b640a6e9899200413c9d67ff5367f.jpg
d245b689bbdefa08ed94bed9c4dc1f69.jpg
adfe344cb86443d706a3dd0270517f0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was having a hard time understanding what the toggle is for as a handle. To help break it loose?

I was having a hard time understanding what the toggle is for as a handle. To help break it loose?
No. The handle helps us get a really good grip and pull ourselves up with more arm strength and less leg strength. For example, I have climbers that are well over 300 pounds who want to rope climb and are claiming that it is difficult for them with conventional methods. But with a handle on both ropes in this system, they can pull themselves up with combination of two arms and one foot, and if that's too difficult, they can engage their second foot in foot Loop. Those details are specific to the jrb climbing method. But that is why I invented the hitch.

No. The handle helps us get a really good grip and pull ourselves up with more arm strength and less leg strength. For example, I have climbers that are well over 300 pounds who want to rope climb and are claiming that it is difficult for them with conventional methods. But with a handle on both ropes in this system, they can pull themselves up with combination of two arms and one foot, and if that's too difficult, they can engage their second foot in foot Loop. Those details are specific to the jrb climbing method. But that is why I invented the hitch.

So you're talking about me. LOL I am the guy who said on the FB group I will do the fat guy testing. LOL. I haven't done double rope yet, dont have the rope to do it yet.

So you're talking about me. LOL I am the guy who said on the FB group I will do the fat guy testing. LOL. I haven't done double rope yet, dont have the rope to do it yet.
Actually i thought I might be talking to the same person, but actually, there are other guys well over 300 pounds who are doing this. If ya can get up off the couch, you can climb JRB style.

Used the hitch tonight. It was the easiest hitch I have tried to ascend.
Dude, that's great to hear. Cuz it's not like i am selling it and so it's gonna catch on only if it deserves to. I put in some time on it. Like hundreds of night climbs in the backyard after the kids are in bed. The nice thing about my jrb climbing system is that I can put two different hitches on the left and right side and really get a feel for which one performs better.

Can it be tied in a double format like the mich?
It could... and i have... but recognize that if you're doing it just to get two connection points, you already have that with bridge mode. And bridge mode slides even easier than standard mode. And if you still wanted to do it, you probably would not need a handle on both the top and the bottom. And so you had the option of making the top of Michoacan, and the bottom and Ascender hitch. That way you only have the one handle that you need. Let me know what you are up to!

I actually had one tied right behind me. Here's a photo of a 4 turn Michoacán on on top of an Ascender hitch. Obviously, my cord should have been a little longer but you get the idea.
86e4a180004613dcde6b3eeb5e3afa3d.jpg

Nice

I actually had one tied right behind me. Here's a photo of a 4 turn Michoacán on on top of an Ascender hitch. Obviously, my cord should have been a little longer but you get the idea.
86e4a180004613dcde6b3eeb5e3afa3d.jpg

Any idea on cord length?

I played around with it last night, I found it to be extremely the better of the hitches I have tried. I also felt the toggle/biner was nice to have at height to have for bino's on. I can see the use if need to ascend with something else as you go as well, like Bow or backpack, if don't have haul line.

I played around with it last night, I found it to be extremely the better of the hitches I have tried. I also felt the toggle/biner was nice to have at height to have for bino's on. I can see the use if need to ascend with something else as you go as well, like Bow or backpack, if don't have haul line.
Granted, my style of hunting is ninja minimal, but i typically have nothing on the tree. No platform either. Typically, I will have a branch at my feet and use that to maneuver a hundred eighty degrees. And I like my bow to move with me. So everything is attached to me, and so a bow gets hung off the friction hitch, which this makes simple. But it's nice to hear that folks are having similar Impressions to me in terms of the friction hitches viability.

Back