• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just curious..who among us owns the most saddles?

DroptineKrazy

SH Member
Oct 30, 2019
Brunswick, Maine
It's kind of ridiculous but I have been saddle hunting for less than 2 full seasons and I already have a Trophyline Lite, a Cruzer xc and my wife just bought me a JX3 Hybrid for Christmas. So fess up guys. Who among us has in their possession the most commercially made saddles? I want to know which one of us is the most addicted.

mtsrunner

Sep 10, 2019
I currently have 10, but it has taken me 15 years of saddle hunting to accrue that many. I have also bought and sold several and made a few DIY, but I’m not counting those.
Here is what I have now from oldest model to newest:

TL Ambush 2006 large no leg straps or suspenders
TL Ambush 2007 medium no suspenders
TL 2007 neoprene large no suspenders
Original unmodified Treesuit
Gen 1 Tactisaddle with DIY utilibridge
Prototype Tactisaddle highly modified-unusable
Medium Recon with shock cord belt diy utilibridge
Small Recon with shock cord belt diy utilibridge
Latitude Method metal free no leg straps
Gen 1 JX3 Hybrid- I would say highly modified, but I know [mention]kyler1945 [/mention]

I have issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DroptineKrazy

SH Member
Oct 30, 2019
Brunswick, Maine
I currently have 10, but it has taken me 15 years of saddle hunting to accrue that many. I have also bought and sold several and made a few DIY, but I’m not counting those.
Here is what I have now from oldest model to newest:

TL Ambush 2006 large no leg straps or suspenders
TL Ambush 2007 medium no suspenders
TL 2007 neoprene large no suspenders
Original unmodified Treesuit
Gen 1 Tactisaddle with DIY utilibridge
Prototype Tactisaddle highly modified-unusable
Medium Recon with shock cord belt
Small Recon with shock cord belt
Latitude Method metal free no leg straps
Gen 1 JX3 Hybrid

I have issues

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We all have issues HaHa that is obvious. Your in the lead so far bud. Thanks for posting.

DB4x4

Jul 25, 2018
I'm pretty sure there is a "collector" among our ranks, although I can't remember who it is...

Reactions: DroptineKrazy

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
Aug 17, 2016
NW Michigan
I currently own 4 commercially available saddles:

Aerohunter Evolution
Aerohunter Kestrel
2 Tethered Mantis (one is a backup that's never been hunted out of)

Funny thing is I haven't hunted out of (or even sat in) any of these this year. Since I've caught the DIY saddle bug I've made five others and I prefer the ones customized to me for comfort over any of the above.

Now I could take this a step further and go down the platform rabbit hole . . . I currently have 5 commercially available and am in the process of buying a 6th.

LWHC
Predator Gen1
Predator Gen 2 (soon to be two of these)
OOAL Ridge Runner
OOAL Solo Scout

Again, I only hunted off of the Gen 2 Predator this year. (correction, I had two sits on the Gen1)

Now can we talk climbing methods . . .

Gear for SRT
10 pack of Wild Edge Stepps (with knaider and swiader)
Climbrite aluminum spurs
Set of Hawk Heliums
LWHC (it counts double duty)
Hawk Helium single stick
DIY Shikar style single stick

I have used both the Helium and DIY single sticks this year.

This is REALLY DEEP rabbit hole . . . . please don't tell my wife . . . .:tearsofjoy:

Gbk68

Dec 7, 2020
Love following these types of threads and seeing the hoarders and OCD people chime in on how proud they are of owning far too many (guns, bows, saddles, etc etc). These people will then go through some crazy mental gymnastics to justify why they need 10 bows, 13 guns, 38 tree stands etc etc.

bowhunthard88

SH Member
Apr 9, 2020
Dingmans Ferry, PA
I started this "hobby" in March... I have a Tethrd Phantom, a Cruzr XC, an in-bound Latitude Method, and both versions of the Notch tree saddle on the way as well... Not counting the rest of the gear that I've been buying, trying, selling, and keeping haha.

DroptineKrazy

SH Member
Oct 30, 2019
Brunswick, Maine
Love following these types of threads and seeing the hoarders and OCD people chime in on how proud they are of owning far too many (guns, bows, saddles, etc etc). These people will then go through some crazy mental gymnastics to justify why they need 10 bows, 13 guns, 38 tree stands etc etc.
Hey now! Take it easy. Your talkin about 98 out of a 100 of the guys on here.

bowhunthard88

SH Member
Apr 9, 2020
Dingmans Ferry, PA

You can never have too much hunting gear! By the way, I think for a lot of people that 13 firearms might be on the "light" side! I only have 2 compounds and a recurve currently though...

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
Aug 17, 2016
NW Michigan
No mental gymnastics or rationalizations here . . . I just like having stuff. :tearsofjoy:

Gbk68

Dec 7, 2020
Hey now! Take it easy. Your talkin about 98 out of a 100 of the guys on here.
I know. LOL.

I gone thru my fair share of gear over the years. I’ve never owned more than 1 bow or 2 tree stands at a time. My biggest problem....was trying to go the budget/cheap route....and always ended up wanting to upgrade.

now I just buy exactly what I want(price be damned). Recently pulled the trigger on my first saddle setup. Cruzr XC(ordered it an hour ago),Madrock Safeguard, Canyon rope, Kong duck

DroptineKrazy

SH Member
Oct 30, 2019
Brunswick, Maine
I know. LOL.

I gone thru my fair share of gear over the years. I’ve never owned more than 1 bow or 2 tree stands at a time. My biggest problem....was trying to go the budget/cheap route....and always ended up wanting to upgrade.

now I just buy exactly what I want(price be damned). Recently pulled the trigger on my first saddle setup. Cruzr XC(ordered it an hour ago),Madrock Safeguard, Canyon rope, Kong duck
Awesome! Sounds just like one of my many set-ups :tearsofjoy: