• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Just got my Guidos Web in, need advice?

Cajunshooter

I just got my Guidos Web in and unpacked only to realize it doesn't come with a lineman's belt. Now I need to either order one from him or find something else.

Would you throw some suggestions at me? I really like the idea of the simplicity of the web type (I'm not a climber) but I would like whatever works the best and is the easiest to handle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to order the climbing belt separate not knowing that a good 6' - 8' climbing rope would work better because as you climb, the rope will flip up the tree easier than the seat belt type.
Ask some of these Saddlers what size will be best, they will know.

I just got my Guidos Web in and unpacked only to realize it doesn't come with a lineman's belt. Now I need to either order one from him or find something else.

Would you throw some suggestions at me? I really like the idea of the simplicity of the web type (I'm not a climber) but I would like whatever works the best and is the easiest to handle.

You would not regret getting a rope and ropeman 1 to make a linemans strap. There are lineman belt hook ups on the guido but many people use a separate one

I had to order the climbing belt separate not knowing that a good 6' - 8' climbing rope would work better because as you climb, the rope will flip up the tree easier than the seat belt type.
Ask some of these Saddlers what size will be best, they will know.

You would not regret getting a rope and ropeman 1 to make a linemans strap. There are lineman belt hook ups on the guido but many people use a separate one

Yeah it definitely seems to me like a rope would flip up a lot easier. I just need to know how to rig it properly. I know nothing about that, so the easier the better.

I used 11mm Yale Bandit for the 2 linesman belts I put together. I did 2 because I could climb past limbs without being unhooked from the tree at any point. When I get to hunting height... I use whichever linesman belt is free for my tether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 11mm Yale Bandit for the 2 linesman belts I put together. I did 2 because I could climb past limbs without being unhooked from the tree at any point. When I get to hunting height... I use whichever linesman belt is free for my tether.

I think that's what I'll do with what is not my tether and whatever I get for a lineman's.

Yeah it definitely seems to me like a rope would flip up a lot easier. I just need to know how to rig it properly. I know nothing about that, so the easier the better.

Just get the rope type that is suggested and 2 carbiners. With the guido, hook into the botom loops with the lineman belt/rope amd the bridge and tether hook in the top loops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just get the rope type that is suggested and 2 carbiners. With the guido, hook into the botom loops with the lineman belt/rope amd the bridge and tether hook in the top loops

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Can I buy an already made up lineman rope?

Can I buy an already made up lineman rope?

EDIT: looks like several places make them. Most using a prussic knot. Just google lineman belt rope.

Wild edge has one I think. It is pretty light rope though and may not flip well.

I did 11' of Yale Bandit, 2 carabiners, and a Ropeman1 ascender each...
42af357ae80fca0cc117dea4e4ae0dd1.jpg

Last edited:

I would also suggests a secondary belt. The line mans loops on the guido make it awkward to climb because it pulls the seat into the back of your legs. I personally like to let the seat hang behind me with the bridge attached in front and use a secondary belt like a tree hopper or similar for the linesman. This isn't a sales pitch, but I do make belts specifically for that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I would also suggests a secondary belt. The line mans loops on the guido make it awkward to climb because it pulls the seat into the back of your legs. I personally like to let the seat hang behind me with the bridge attached in front and use a secondary belt like a tree hopper or similar for the linesman. This isn't a sales pitch, but I do make belts specifically for that.

Dang it man! I just ordered all the parts late last night to make one up. If I don't like it I'll get back to you. Can you show me what you have?

I agree with this 100%. You could get a Black Diamond RC harness and modify so it has belt loops. Also a Sit DRag works great as a linemans belt.

Back