• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Keeping New Tribe Saddle down in correct position

sir_tob

I purchased a New Tribe Aero Hunter and I love it already.. only one thing. it doesn't seem to want to stay in place when I want it lower. It keeps finding a way to ride up belt above waste). I've adjusted and readjusted quite a few things and watched Boswell's clips on adjusting. for example... the lower buckle that should snug the saddle around my thigh area to keep the saddle down.. I have it all the way tightened as far as it goes and it's still not snug enough to hold the saddle down. I'm a little guy, but that gives me the ability to climb like a mofo. ... I may sew it shorter on the female side of the buckle since it's not weight bearing anyway. Or maybe I need to make heel straps to make it stay down?

Dont get me wrong.. I still like it and look forward to hunting this way. Just need to tweak it to get it to fit and stay in place.

Any thoughts..

First of all, like you said, you will just have to keep tweaking it to get it comfortable. I bought my aero evolution the first year they came out. I tried it off and on all summer and I wasn't a big fan at first. 1 week into the season I finally made an adjustment that I call the sweet spot and then I loved it. That adjustment is basically to loosen up the leg straps until they are loose, then tighten them up until they are just putting a little pressure on your legs. I found the most comfort with this, and I had to adjust it through the season as I wore more layers.

So to your issues. The sweet spot might help it stay lower because it will be putting pressure on your lower legs. Personally, I didn't use the lower buckle at all, I tried it and it didn't do anything good for me. Try going without it and see if that helps. You shouldn't need to hold the saddle down there, there should be enough pressure to keep it there. This is where the aero hunter shines because you can make these adjustments on it until it is right for you.

Good luck and keep at it, you'll get it there.

Love it so far shooting out of it. I'll try w/o the lower buckle; I've got it pretty dialed in for comfort, did exactly as you say above. If I keep it lower it will give me more shooting room compared to the bridge riding up.

Love it so far shooting out of it. I'll try w/o the lower buckle; I've got it pretty dialed in for comfort, did exactly as you say above. If I keep it lower it will give me more shooting room compared to the bridge riding up.
Glad it's working out for you! Keep at it!

Back