• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Method review (metal free or buckle) Looking for info before I purchase.

cobra_archer

Thinking of buying their metal free package. I have been in some sort of saddle since 2006, still looking for no hip pinch. Currently have a Mantis, I am mostly a sitter. Also thinking of a Cruzr xc. All of you input is welcome.

So I have had both, I think the cruzr is an awesome saddle but I get hip or thigh pinch in almost every saddle I’ve ever sat in. That being said, for me, a two panel saddle fixes that. I rarely get some uncomfortable pressure points but there is so much play in a two panel saddle it’s nothing to make minor adjustments and get a whole different feel. The latitude is my favorite two panel because I like being able to adjust the distribution of weight on the two saddles myself instead of the automatic sort of adjustment you get from a recon. Another plus of this is more comfort if you rappel and or one stick compared to a recon which pulls the bottom panel down and tightens the top a lot if you don’t sit on both recon panels. I actually traded my Cruzr xc for the latitude method buckle version and haven’t regretted the trade once. I am usually a leaner but have found myself about 50/50 leaning and sitting now bc it is to comfortable not to in my method. I have done a diy metal less change to my method which is super easy and have the belt if I ever feel like I wanted to switch back. Hope this helps.

I own the Cruzr XC, the Method Metal free, as well as a Flex. I'm very happy with the Method. The only thing I haven't done in it is SRT which I use the Flex for. I need to try SRT in the Method to fully offer an opinion. I have done one sit in my Cruzr and it wasn't bad but to me it comes in third and I don't really need 3 so it will probably hit the classifieds soon.

I had the Cruzr XC and traded it for a buckle less Method. To me the comfort of both the saddles is very close. But for me how well the method is to walk with and the overall adjustability makes it better for me than the XC. I am primarily a leaner. I cant seem to find a comfortable way to sit for a long period in any saddle.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The metal free method is my favorite saddle I have tried. I am so happy with it I have pretty much stopped looking at every thing else. I have had a flex, phantom and trophyline lite. The thing has so much adjustability and I don't need to carry a back band with me anymore. Feels like nothing walking with it. If they make a bigger size I will pick up a second one for late season when wearing more clothes but other then that I am totally happy with it. I sat 6 hours in it the 15th until the winds got high enough to start making me nervous in the woodlot I was in. Too many dead ash trees coming down. Would say all day if it wasn't for that.

I just got one (roughly 2 weeks from order to arrival BTW), only had mine out on a tree in the backyard so far but... YES.

I’ve got a metal free version, but No leg straps.
$260 TYD F&F if interested
a348a3ce4daf5b076b9e664aac0401f1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I took my leg straps off and have never used them. The clips combined with the soft flexible loops make them a nightmare to connect so I just quit trying. It feels perfectly safe without them.

I’ve had a mantis, a phantom and now the method with austrialpin buckle. There’s no comparison between Tethrd and the Latitude Method. I chose the austrialpin buckle so I have that “emergency option” if I should ever need it. I attach my backup to it when I’m in the tree.

I have heard some complaints about the metal free version having some comfort issues due to the oplux running all around the waist, creating a pressure point. Maybe not an issue for everyone, but for some.

Two panels makes a tremendous difference. I think Latitude struck gold with the vertical reinforcements. Gives it some structure and prevents it from bunching.

If you’re buying pouches too, they’re golden. I fit 40’ of oplux, and my grigi+ in the pouch with no problem at all- room to spare.

The adjustment of the bridge on the saddle loops is perfect. Stays put. This saddle really gives the ability to adjust how it needs to be to provide the right fit and feel. The comfort channels things on the phantom were a good idea, but there are indications that they’re wearing out. Apparently the loops are fraying and the round pellets are popping out. I don’t like the idea of my bridge loops coming apart in any form or fashion. For what it’s worth, I didn’t experience that with either of the two phantoms I owned, but have read about that issues with others. My point in discussing that is to emphasize that Latitude got it right with the Mission saddles, and how they designed the bridge loops and attachment methods

If you’re in Virginia and want to try one out, I have two and will gladly let you try one.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So I have had both, I think the cruzr is an awesome saddle but I get hip or thigh pinch in almost every saddle I’ve ever sat in. That being said, for me, a two panel saddle fixes that. I rarely get some uncomfortable pressure points but there is so much play in a two panel saddle it’s nothing to make minor adjustments and get a whole different feel. The latitude is my favorite two panel because I like being able to adjust the distribution of weight on the two saddles myself instead of the automatic sort of adjustment you get from a recon. Another plus of this is more comfort if you rappel and or one stick compared to a recon which pulls the bottom panel down and tightens the top a lot if you don’t sit on both recon panels. I actually traded my Cruzr xc for the latitude method buckle version and haven’t regretted the trade once. I am usually a leaner but have found myself about 50/50 leaning and sitting now bc it is to comfortable not to in my method. I have done a diy metal less change to my method which is super easy and have the belt if I ever feel like I wanted to switch back. Hope this helps.

Howd you convert to metalless?

@MIbowhunter49 they sell a metal free version

I am still (not so) patiently waiting for mine to arrive. Just over 2 weeks since ordered. Cant wait to chime in on how i like it. I will have nk comparison points as it will be my first saddle but sounds like itll be a good one.

@Jeffy they're convertible (but yes, they do sell both versions)
the belt goes all the way around your body/ the saddle (inside a webbing channel), so all you need is the strap/buckle (or the rope) and it's an easy swap. i bought the buckled version because i prefer it, but if i ever want to switch all i need is a few feet of oplux and i'm good to go.

@Jeffy they're convertible (but yes, they do sell both versions)
the belt goes all the way around your body/ the saddle (inside a webbing channel), so all you need is the strap/buckle (or the rope) and it's an easy swap. i bought the buckled version because i prefer it, but if i ever want to switch all i need is a few feet of oplux and i'm good to go.
well that and figuring out that cool knot they use :wink:

Well dang i had no idea it was that easy. I like the idea lf the branded rated buckle for safety sake i think, but i also like the idea of less clinks and clanks from the metal free. Might really be a good idea to get the buckle version and some rope. It would most likely be cheaper than trying to source a good belt to go in there.

The belt goes through a channel, just slide one out and another through. I suggest tying a tag line to the belt your removing to make it easy to pull new belt through. I used some accessory cord for my diy metal less belt and a Blake’s hitch. I can send pics later if you would like.

I have both Cruzr XC and Method (metal free) and have switched back and forth numerous times. Both are crazy comfortable. The Method feels like you have nothing on when walking in. I find the Cruzr to still be a bit more comfortable as long as tether height is set right, but I don't think you can go wrong with either of these. The only concern I still have with my method is where to hang my dump pouch. Not a big concern, but potential for it to get in the way.

What's the deal with all the pics in the classifieds of the Method that make it appear to glow? Has anyone put a black light to one of these saddles. I'm interested to try a Method but if it glows to a deer's eye like it does in the classified pics, I'm out.

What's the deal with all the pics in the classifieds of the Method that make it appear to glow? Has anyone put a black light to one of these saddles. I'm interested to try a Method but if it glows to a deer's eye like it does in the classified pics, I'm out.

I just looked at that ad. Im not seeing what you’re seeing. I can tell you first-hand, that the deer I’ve seen from the tree haven’t seen me yet.

Semper Fi,
Mike
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at that ad. Im not seeing what you’re seeing. I can tell you first-hand, that the deer I’ve seen from the tree haven’t seen me yet.
They all seem to have a purple glow on the webbing to them for some reason

Back