• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Linemans carabiners

JeremyD

Looking for suggestions for carabiners for my linesmans belt. I made my own belt out of Predator. It will be used on a Kestrel with a Ropeman 1. Are non locking biners out of the question?

Auto lockers or screw locking carabiners. Non-locking is not a viable option. Safety first

Non locking biners are too easy to not realize they're not clipped on fully or properly IMO. I prefer screw locks. Once you get into a habit, it is very quick and the process of screwing it closed forces me to verify that everything is hooked on properly.

ive never locked a lineman carabiner for almost ten years. My linemans belt carabiner has the ability to lock....but if you've failed to actually clip into your linemans loop, locking it down onto nothing, isn't going to save you. check your **** before you lean into it

granted if your flipping your linemans belt up the tree on spurs or something...yeah lock that thing

Last edited:
Back