• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Links for rope and such...

junkpile

Those of you that have been buying recently,

I'm looking for 11mm and 7mm climbing rope. The prices I'm finding right now are way higher than I'm wanting. Anybody got links to what I can afford? Color makes absolutely no difference - a package of dye is pretty cheap.

Where are you buying this stuff? I just can't do $250 for a spool of it.

Also, check the treestuff sale pages. Occasionally they have good sales. I got 100' of edelreid 10.5mm static climbing rope for $50, but they are spools and not per foot. Depends on how much you need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Awesome.

I appreciate the prompt replies. I ran across that store, but wasn't sure if it was money well spent or not. Only other option I was seeing was REI.

I don't use anything below 9mm right now. I know a lot of the tree climbing guys shake there heads at anyone using anything that small. If you have questions about smaller ropes, contact tree stuff for advice.

While we aren't doing huge climbs or taking big falls (like rock climbers), just eat a few ounces when it comes to your lifeline.

Will smaller rope hold you? YES. Will it take a fall shock? Probably...

I personally stop asking questions and just take industry standard safety precautions.

Yale Bandit is great. Blue water assault line is stiffer, doesn't knot as well and doesn't stick to trees as well

While we aren't doing huge climbs or taking big falls (like rock climbers), just eat a few ounces when it comes to your lifeline.

Will smaller rope hold you? YES. Will it take a fall shock? Probably...

I personally stop asking questions and just take industry standard safety precautions.

Yale Bandit is great. Blue water assault line is stiffer, doesn't knot as well and doesn't stick to trees as well
I agree. I've built redundancy in my saddle system but the life support ropes for climbing and tethering are standard. The first line of defense is the sheath followed by the core. The standard rope recommendation is based on sheath and partial core damage that still provide some level of safety.

One trip to the hospital if you live, is more than a spool of the good stuff, let alone 20ft of it.

I'll second the shorty spool from treestuff.com I'm getting to buy another for rock climbing anchors.

Back