• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lone wolf stick transportation

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
My go to mobile setup for the time being is going to be lone wolf sticks and cranford ez screw in steps.

I know that the guys who hunt out of the lone wolf stands can strap the sticks to the platform for transport, but that doesn't work for us. I tried strapping them on my bag and attaching backpack straps to them. I wasn't really happy with either solution because it was either awkward, would bang my bow, or I had to carry my bow ( I use a primos bow sling for bow transport and will never go back to carrying with my hand). When I want to carry extra clothing in when it is cold it gets even more difficult.

I found this primos ground blind bag with bow straps and figured for 25 bucks I would give it a try. This thing has a lot of potential. I have my 5 sticks in there and it is very comfortable on my back. Shouldn't be a problem attaching the bow to it, and I should even be able to wear it over a small backpack or lumbar pack.

The biggest problem so far is the material. It is noisy out of the bag. I am hoping that this can be cured by running it through the washing machine a few times. The material is similar to my bow sling and that material go softer and more quiet after being washed and broken in. I will keep you guys updated.

http://www.amazon.com/Primos-Huntin...49934&sr=8-1&keywords=primos+ground+blind+bag

wow that's funny I tried the same thing already, and did not like it and it was from them bang around while walking and taking them out was a nightmare , I even cut the top off and sewed the top like a draw string bag for the ease of getting them out, I love the sticks but the noise and the carrying them through the woods without getting caught up in things.

Saddle Assassin said:
wow that's funny I tried the same thing already, and did not like it and it was from them bang around while walking and taking them out was a nightmare , I even cut the top off and sewed the top like a draw string bag for the ease of getting them out, I love the sticks but the noise and the carrying them through the woods without getting caught up in things.

Interesting. I am going to experiment around at some point. I will let you know if I have any success.

I just made a carrying strap that I sling it over my left shoulder and rest my bow on my right shoulder. I want my bow ready so I've been reluctant to carry it another way. I was looking at a g3 horn hunter pack to strap my sticks on the side and put my aero in the bag itself. I have a sweet hunting bike so when I can motor out pretty far I have gun racks on my handlenbars and still keep my sticks on my back and bunged my saddle to my carrying rack.

Check out cbigbear1 video on you tube. Looks cool but he doesn't show you how he gets back down. But slick non-the less

I agree with you. I didn't get the pack. It'd the webbing that can be attached to any pack so you can strap things to the outside

I came on here to see how to get my sticks to the tree. then I remembered I have a foot ascender and a long tree line. I just need a descender and I can go SRT. I do DRT as it is and probably will use my tree harness as a saddle unti I order the Mantis and Preditor. Thanks guys!

Still have to get into the tree first lol. I'm not bringing my throw bag to the woods, and I'm not leaving a line in the tree on public land. So now the question. To cut, or not to cut. I have 4 LW sticks

I have had one for years for my Double Bull ground blind. The material is noisy and make sure the tree cleats don't tear the bag.

Red squirrel, what’s your thoughts on the beast sticks?
They look great, but not for me. I like sticks with folding steps for packing through the thick stuff. I don't have a stand that keeps them off my back, I think that makes a difference. I've also pretty much given up on sticks though. I've fallen hard for wild edge stepps. Last season I used them with my red squirrel aider and this year I've carried 8 stepps with a knaider. I only used sticks twice this season and since then I've loaned my hawks out and sold my muddy's.

Oh ok, I just thought you said you’re go to setup was lone wolfs and the cranfords. I thought that sounded like a slick setup.

Redsquirrel many of us are using the horn hunter pack. strap the platform to the center than stack the sticks on both sides and strap it down. This is about the easiest I have found if you want to keep the weight off of your shoulder. I converted the LW to double steps from Dano.

Back