• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Machined post revision 3

Huntingbob

Well here it is. I think this is what I'm going to go with as far as the final design of the post. I'm going to test it out tomorrow and if im happy with it, i will try to sell a couple here and there as I make them. I press fit a steel insert for the adjustment screw to rest against. And moved the pivot point up closer the top bracket to prevent the top from wanting to pull away from the tree.
4e861769fb730de637b59c1cffcd3043.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

That is pretty, you should keep on going.... Wheres the batwings you had last run? ....Time for a platform. ;)

I know its expensive though. awesome work

That is pretty, you should keep on going.... Wheres the batwings you had last run? ....Time for a platform. ;)

I know its expensive though. awesome work
That was at work fresh off the mill. I've got it all put together now.
fad266db5d8185d50b17d7b510d3894b.jpg
6af1bbe6b0b8973f173a544b755f87f0.jpg
5dda752151cffaaf8c3c78a88168a8ec.jpg
0b3cf92946221b37bb41e61095bbd443.jpg

whats the weight?

love the custom batwings

Youre going to get bored now...(platform)

whats the weight?

love the custom batwings

Youre going to get bored now...(platform)
According to my bathroom scale I weigh exactly 1 pound heavier holding it. It's the only scale I have here. Lol

Looks good. I wish i had the skill. The one thing i would change on batting currently made is to not have all the contact points in line... I would receive some for curvature of tree? If you sake then i might be interested.... And here is a x2 for doing a platform. If i could get a beefier version of the original lonewolf seat id pay

That's great work ! Awesome ! Show it on a tree, please.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Looks good. I wish i had the skill. The one thing i would change on batting currently made is to not have all the contact points in line... I would receive some for curvature of tree? If you sake then i might be interested.... And here is a x2 for doing a platform. If i could get a beefier version of the original lonewolf seat id pay
Yea i put some curvature in mine. I'd still go with a little more though next time. It's perfect for a tree about as big as I can reach around.
2656c64621e2fa15a4ba530e50275c17.jpg

Oh heck yeah !!! How much ? Gotta have one of those !!!!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
I made 2 yesterday. I'm keeping one of them and am selling the original one and one of the new ones. The new one is on the right. NOTE: They are designed for the new $29.00 XOP platform and may not work with others. The adjustment bolt may be in a different place.
I'll let the original one go for $50.00. The new one will be $75.00. I'm only selling these 2 rt now. If there is enough interest I will make more and sell them as I have time. Pm me and I will sell them to the first 2 people I receive from.
Thanks
645e35a3c486fda17d417fd70a1a1688.jpg
6b4d9052893302fb66459499067daf92.jpg

How long does it take to machine those?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've probably got 10 hours designing it and changing designs. The machine time is between 30 min to an hour.

I still have 1 post made and ready to ship if anyone wanted one.

Is the one on the right already starting the bend?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back