• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Milkweed

mschultz373

SH Member
Is anyone willing to ship some milkweed down south for the upcoming season?

i know it may still be early for it but I would like to snag some if possible.

Thanks!

I havent been out yet, but I'll be headed to my area soon. If you havent located any at that time, I got you.

I used 1 pod last year, i've got a few left over dried out from last year. all the same, if you want some of that?

I’m in Louisiana so we don’t have any! I would appreciate any that I can use in upcoming season!

Yeah also in Louisiana. I would love some milkweed if you're offering.
Let me see what i've got. I forgot to look last night. My evening is free tonight, i'll get a better idea of what i've got.

i got some also in IN. pm me and i can send. pods here arent ready until sept but i have a bunch from last year.

anybody try to plant seeds and get their own growing? i have easy access, but would be interested for those that dont

anybody try to plant seeds and get their own growing? i have easy access, but would be interested for those that dont
IIRC you can get free milkweed (and other pollinator) seeds mailed to you. They're absolutely necessary to the survival of Monarch butterflies. I understand that some landowners regard them as weeds and would react very strongly to someone planting it on their land, but I'm not entirely sure why... maybe toxic to cattle? Moral of the story is, people do plant it, it's just that most of the people doing so aren't motivated by bowhunting.

I had planned too but I kept waiting for a semi dry spell this spring that never came. Wettest year so far in recorded history by a few inches, at least through May.

I've done rag doll tests to check for viability, but then I learned that they need to be...oh crap, just forgot the term for seeds needing to go through a cold cycle to be viable. Someone help me with the word...begins with an F. (A mind is a terrible thing)

I've done rag doll tests to check for viability, but then I learned that they need to be...oh crap, just forgot the term for seeds needing to go through a cold cycle to be viable. Someone help me with the word...begins with an F. (A mind is a terrible thing)
Frozen? I read something about planting them in fall, instead of spring, so they'd go through the natural winter cycle. I think acorns and apple seeds work the same way. If you keep them in your shed, or under the grill cover when you put it up for the winter, the pods would go through the same temperature cycle they would in nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back