• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Modifying a lone wolf sit and climb

Sincyrman

I am considering modifying my sit and climb seat to make it smaller and lighter. I'm thinking of removing the last section of skeleton. This would make the climber/platform a little lighter, but would also allow it to pack better. I wear a size 9 boot, so don't think that would be an issue. Also, if I'm only issuing the seat as a platform, and not a seat, will it still be an adequate platform?
Has anyone out there tried this?
Do I need to be talked back off the ledge?

I am considering modifying my sit and climb seat to make it smaller and lighter. I'm thinking of removing the last section of skeleton. This would make the climber/platform a little lighter, but would also allow it to pack better. I wear a size 9 boot, so don't think that would be an issue. Also, if I'm only issuing the seat as a platform, and not a seat, will it still be an adequate platform?
Has anyone out there tried this?
Do I need to be talked back off the ledge?
i'm not sure if I am following you. are you talking about the metal swing seat that bolts onto the sit and climb?

I'm referring to using the seat portion of a sit and climb as a platform/climbing method. I was considering removing the last portion of the platform (the portion that sits under my heels when climbing)
This would reduce that demension by about three inches (from 14" to about 11").
This would make it much easier to it throw in my backpack. The weight reduction would be an added benefit, but was not my original goal.

My mistake. It's the hand climber, not the sit and climb. It's the same one as dressedtokill pictured in his "Done" thread.

Back