• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy lifeline rope for saddle hunting

Xtreme007

Anyone use the muddy liferope for a lineman’s belt and tether.

I have it on my lone wolf sticks and it works well. Pretty sure it’s 9mm but can’t find what the rope is rated

I had the core separate in half on some of that stuff. Just watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted a thread about that Millennium Safety Rope and never got any replies. I believe it to be very similar to the Muddy Safety rope. Maybe someone will reply with solid information to this thread.

I posted a thread about that Millennium Safety Rope and never got any replies. I believe it to be very similar to the Muddy Safety rope. Maybe someone will reply with solid information to this thread.

The millennium line is larger diameter and I have much more faith in it. My current tether is millennium line. The muddy is good for sticks but after the issue I had with it I just can’t trust it. Even if it was an anomaly.

The millennium line is larger diameter and I have much more faith in it. My current tether is millennium line. The muddy is good for sticks but after the issue I had with it I just can’t trust it. Even if it was an anomaly.

I don’t have any of the Muddy rope and just assumed it was the same as the Millenium. The Millennium rope is much closer to a 1/2” either 11 or 12mm.

I have been using a muddy lineman’s belt with a ropeman 1 for around 3 seasons now. I have been using the mellineuim rope for my tether the past couple weeks. But fixing to change to a hand splice eye predator rope.

I had the core separate in half on some of that stuff. Just watch it.

Can you share your experience on this? I use muddy lifeline to replace the ropes on my muddy pro.

How exact,y did the core separate on the rope?

Can you share your experience on this? I use muddy lifeline to replace the ropes on my muddy pro.

How exact,y did the core separate on the rope?
Sure, I had hung a lock on just before season. Put up a Muddy Lifeline when I hung the stand. I go back in a month or so later to hunt. Hook my RC harness to the prusik on the muddy line, go up and hunt. Coming back down after the hunt I get about 7 foot from the ground and as I am sliding the prusik down the line it sort of stops. I start to inspect to see what is going on and find the sheath is in perfect condition but the core in that spot is seperated in half. Something was faulty in the rope as there was no damage to the sheath whatsoever. I can't imagine what would have happened if that had been higher up and a load placed below the break (like me falling or leaning and applying pressure to the line). Moral of the story, check all of your ropes and gear very frequently, regardless of brand or manufacturer.

Did you happen to call Muddy? What was their response?
I’m glad you weren’t relying on the rope in that moment it could have been bad!

Sure, I had hung a lock on just before season. Put up a Muddy Lifeline when I hung the stand. I go back in a month or so later to hunt. Hook my RC harness to the prusik on the muddy line, go up and hunt. Coming back down after the hunt I get about 7 foot from the ground and as I am sliding the prusik down the line it sort of stops. I start to inspect to see what is going on and find the sheath is in perfect condition but the core in that spot is seperated in half. Something was faulty in the rope as there was no damage to the sheath whatsoever. I can't imagine what would have happened if that had been higher up and a load placed below the break (like me falling or leaning and applying pressure to the line). Moral of the story, check all of your ropes and gear very frequently, regardless of brand or manufacturer.

Thanks for sharing. Glad you were not hurt! I’ll go over the ropes on my sticks again.

Did you happen to call Muddy? What was their response?
I’m glad you weren’t relying on the rope in that moment it could have been bad!

I did contact them. I was not impressed with their handling of the situation when I explained the issue. They sent me a replacement but I kind of had to push the issue to get that. The person I spoke with didn't seem to have a great deal of care that a piece of safety equipment with their name on it was defective. Kind of did me end with them to be honest.

I just replaced my stick ropes with there lifeline. It’s 9mm right. Next time I may go with a better brand rope.

Guys, not trying to steer you away from using Muddy line. Just sharing an experience and reminding everyone to check there stuff, reagrless of how much or how little use it sees.

Guys, not trying to steer you away from using Muddy line. Just sharing an experience and reminding everyone to check there stuff, reagrless of how much or how little use it sees.
I will. IMO Muddy is one of the worst hunting companies out there. I had a horrible experience with their customer service and I've seen others that have as well. I hope to smear their name all over the internet. There are so many better options of climbing rope out there for a very reasonable price.

I want a rope exactly like the muddy rope which rope is that?

My HTP is on it's way, after discussing a little with red, I opted to try the HTP 9mm and opted not to have some eyes sewn. red said it knots well and is much less bulky than 11mm ropes so the knots are not nearly the space eater. I'm ready for my other toys to arrive so I can test some things out.

Back