• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My plan for 2017

deleted_user01

I like the thought of srt and rappellIng down or spikes and rappell and have the equipment to do thanks to thi's site:tonguewink: and will probably use those as well.

Since watching John Eber hart's dvd''s I'm liking the idea of preset steps up 10- 12 feet . Soo if I carry 2 of my muddy pro''s with my single Web extra step (will get me to the 10-12 foot mark) and be about 6.5 lbs to where the steps start.(this cuts stick weight in half).
Along with either the tl treesaddle or sit n drag, and 5 Ameristep on ocb for my platform. This is where I plan to begin before over thinking too many ideas and forget about hunting, cuz once season begins; I want a system that will be Safe, Reliable, and easy to deploy in the dark.

A big thank you goes out to all members of this site who have inspired my imagination on methods of a streamlined hunting strategy.

Last edited:
I like the thought of srt and rappellIng down or spikes and rappell and have the equipment to do thanks to thi's site:tonguewink: and will probably use those as well.

Since watching John Eber hart's dvd''s I'm liking the idea of preset steps up 10- 12 feet . Soo if I carry 2 of my muddy pro''s with my single Web extra step (will get me to the 10-12 foot mark) and be about 6.5 lbs to where the steps start.(this cuts stick weight in half).
Along with either the tl treesaddle or sit n drag, and 5 Ameristep on ocb for my platform. This is where I plan to begin before over thinking too many ideas and forget about hunting, cuz once season begins; I want a system that will be Safe, Reliable, and easy to deploy in the dark.

A big thank you goes out to all members of this site who have inspired my imagination on methods of a streamlined hunting strategy.

Sit N drag are awesome ... I purchased two and have sewed them together for extra strength ( with gear on im about 225 lbs )and incorporated a rock harness. I find it more comfy and much easier to walk in than my aero hunter ( the aero hunter is still awesome) I wish the manufacture of the sit drag would offer a minimalist saddle , they would sell like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using your Muddy sticks to get you started is a good plan. I do that on public land. I use 1 Lone Wolf stick with a 3 step aider. With the single stick I can get to 7' high. This puts my first screw in at approximately 8.5' high. That's good enough for me.

Good luck!

Using your Muddy sticks to get you started is a good plan. I do that on public land. I use 1 Lone Wolf stick with a 3 step aider. With the single stick I can get to 7' high. This puts my first screw in at approximately 8.5' high. That's good enough for me.

Good luck!

I was fortunate to have bought the mini lone wolf sticks years ago and have been using them in my run and gun set ups ever since. I have never tried the three step aider before with a lw stick .... I will have to get one and give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck!
What do you figure one wolf and aider weighs...?

The LW stick is 2.5 lbs, the etrier is listed at .10 pounds. So with the addition of my dual top step, it's probably just under 3 lbs.

This fall I started using 2 muddy pro sticks with black diamond 5 step aiders and I can reach about 14-15 feet with two muddy pros that way.

Back