• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My sit and drag idea

Waymore

I really like the idea of G2's Sd with the fixed spliced amsteel blue. However I just am a little nervous about either the splice coming undone or the SD failing. I will be 50 in a few months and 235lbs so at my age and weight I am a little paranoid. What I think I will do is to order another SD and splice a rope on each one and use them at the same time. This way if either the SD or rope fails on one I am still ok. THe weight of these things is nothing. The fabric makes a little noise together but I really wont be moving it around much when I am set up. Plus it should give me more surface area for my fat a** which should be more comfortable.

What do you think?

I think your better off getting a RC (rock climber harness) harness as they are designed to suspend you off the ground.

I have a RC harness. Just thought the double SD would add more comfort by overlapping them and or adding back support. I probably will try it. Nice to have a spare if it doesn't make much difference.

It can't hurt to give it a try. We'll, I guess it could hurt... I'm only 165 lbs so it may be a little less risky for me.

If you're nervous about Amsteel, you can always buy bigger stuff. I used 1/4 which is rated at 8,000 lbs.

Also, add a belt to the SD. It makes a huge difference.

If you want to do that for comfort go for it, but I agree on using the rock climbing harness for safety.

Back