• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My sticks and platform

Weldabeast

SH Member
Nothing new to see here since i built this stuff based off what I've learned from this forum. Homebrew aluminum climbing sticks i made 3years ago. My platform is aluminum based off a thread i saw on here with a ocb strap i bought from the double step guy (don't know your name on here, sorry). Three step rope ladder based off this site and some YouTube videos. Haven't see anybody else using muletape though. I get tons of it out of the dumpster at work. It's awesome. Muletape>paracord. The rope ladder attached to me and i use 3 climbing sticks. 7-7.5 foot per stick. I've used the sticks and rope ladder for 3 seasons so i have the climbing system down pat......still need some practice with the platform. I ordered my saddle in the beginning of March and it hasn't showed up yet so I've been practicing with my regular tree harnessIMG_20190525_183314.jpgIMG_20190525_182841.jpg

I copied the design off of a thread on this site......the vertical legs were originally unsupported but they bent pretty easily so i had to add the gusset. Good to go now. Idon't have a scale so i don't how the weight but it's a mute point to me since I'm not carrying a hang on stand anymore. If i had to guess sticks and stand are sub 6-7 pounds

I use 3/4 mule tape with a larks head and a marlin spike hitch to hang my hammock I am 6’2 and 285 lbs No problems at all Ultra light and packable It’s great stuff

I use 3/4 mule tape with a larks head and a marlin spike hitch to hang my hammock I am 6’2 and 285 lbs No problems at all Ultra light and packable It’s great stuff

Just made some tree huggers, think I will use some 1/2” I have to connect and try some for a ridge line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like that platform and the sticks. I was thinking about doing something like that also. I love playing with aluminum about as much as I do hunting. Do you remember what thread you got it from? Does it have measurements for it or could you share with me yours? It would be much appreciated.

Getting ready for first public land quota of the season this weekend.... little sticks and aiders aren't for everybody but oh the packability......

IMG_20190925_191027.jpg

That's everything except bow....not really interested in total weight. Feels on par with millennium m100u i have been carrying. 11-13 pounds maybe.....moot point to me. Being able to slip throu thick stuff and not worry about getting tangled up is what it's all about.

Back