• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Need help finding the right bridge

Gettin Closer

Howdy guys.

I am wanting to get the Guido's Web but I am one of those research everything until there is nothing left before pulling the trigger. I have everything figured out except the bridge and tree strap. I saw it on here and deleted the picrure.

It used a rope that ran around the tree and through a loop in the end to attach to the tree. The other end had a carabiner that clipped to a 24" rope bridge attached to the Web. (I do not know what knots were used to attach the 24" bridge to the web.) I have seen some with a prusic knot but the one I am thinking about had a ropeman1.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to how this is set up with a list of material, lengths and knots? Also, if stitching is required, who did this for you? I do not have the experience or confidence to do so.

Thanks for your help!

If you have a picture like this or know where on this site I saw it, that would be extremely helpful as I have been searching and have not been able to find it.

154d53658d883e591de5dec9531f56ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yale bandit is a popular rope: http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=1901
You will not need to do any sewing, but you will need to learn how to tie some knots. A figure 8 on a bight is a great climbing knot to know and you can do everything you need to with it.
400px-Figure8.jpg

You want to have at least a 6 foot minimum length for your tether. Knots take up some rope so I would start out with at least 10 foot. If you can I would recommend going a little longer to start with so you can determine how much you will need. I'd rather have enough to go around the biggest tree I want to hunt than not enough. You can always cut off extra later. A good bridge length is 24 inches, so you'd need to have enough extra rope to tie knots on both sides. Personally, I would tie it into the web on one side, and hook the other side in with a carabiner.

Howdy guys.

I am wanting to get the Guido's Web but I am one of those research everything until there is nothing left before pulling the trigger. I have everything figured out except the bridge and tree strap. I saw it on here and deleted the picrure.

It used a rope that ran around the tree and through a loop in the end to attach to the tree. The other end had a carabiner that clipped to a 24" rope bridge attached to the Web. (I do not know what knots were used to attach the 24" bridge to the web.) I have seen some with a prusic knot but the one I am thinking about had a ropeman1.

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to how this is set up with a list of material, lengths and knots? Also, if stitching is required, who did this for you? I do not have the experience or confidence to do so.

Thanks for your help!
I used poacher knots to attach the bridge to the carabiners, then attach to my web/saddle with biners.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In the picture with the saddle, the tail of the road is hanging next to the tree. Would you tie or clip that off to create a double safety or an I looking at it wrong?

Thanks for the guidance on setup and knots.

In the picture with the saddle, the tail of the road is hanging next to the tree. Would you tie or clip that off to create a double safety or an I looking at it wrong?

Thanks for the guidance on setup and knots.
You can tie it off and there are some that do. When the commercially manufactured saddles are used properly I don't think it is necessary though.

Seems if load was applied it would cinch tight? The double figure 8 doesnt allow any slipping of the loop.

Yes it does. That's why it's been a popular knot with Arbos because when the carabiner is tight to the end of the rope, it works better when throwing the rope over and around branches. Same reason most spliced eyes from Arborist supply houses are "tight eyes" unless otherwise specified, so the carabiner fits tight and doesn't flop around. That's not to say there's anything wrong with a fixed loop, just explaining why cinching knots are often used. FWIW, even though the double fisherman wants to cinch under a load, I've never had one I couldn't untie by hand after climbing on it. If it were to bind though, that's why they're typically only used with carabiners, because it can be removed without untying the knot. Once it's out, the knot can be loosened.

Thanks, I understand now as it relates to the topic of a bridge. I was picturing my tether and dont want the loop changing sizes. My bridge is amsteel and eye spliced on both ends

This is great information guys! I really appreciate all the help. Hope yall are having good luck in the tree this morning. It is raining here.

Other than the recommendations above, is there anything else I should consider?

This is great information guys! I really appreciate all the help. Hope yall are having good luck in the tree this morning. It is raining here.

Other than the recommendations above, is there anything else I should consider?
A tree umbrella. ;) I need one too.

Back