• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

need some advice

TFL

new to saddles, currently have petzl sit fast harness I have been using for 4 yrs, I got the bright idea to buy the petzl seat that attaches to the harness, just tried it out last night and it is a no go for any type of comfort
that harness only has a front belt attachment point and the seat pulled tight under my butt binds too bad on
mid section,all the pressure is on the waist belt, pulling in and up to a center attachment point I guess I needed a harness that attaches between waist and thigh to have more comfort, like the sequoia

so I want to scrap my idea and buy a regular harness and stop trying to reinvent the wheel

my question is I shoot traditional equipment, currently a 64" recurve, I have looked at the guide's web and areo hunter slings, do you think any better of one or the other for shooting a longer bow, the web looks like it has a lot of side straps, the aero looks like it sits lower.

any advice before I make a purchase?

thanks

I haven't hunted out of either of them so take my opinion with a grain of salt...

I have sat in a GW and while it is EXTREMEMLY comfortable, it didn't feel as maneuverable as some other saddles. I think the Aero is going to be more in line with what you are used to. My advice would be to try them out if at all possible.

Where are you located? If you're close to someone on the forum, I'm sure they'd help you out.

x2 on what @g2outdoors said. Something to keep in mind is that the saddles have very good resale values so if you buy one and decide you want to try the other you should be able to get most of your money back.

thanks for the responses, I guess the thing to do is buy the aero, and give it a go

Like G2 asked where are you located? Maybe another forum member is close by and can help you try before you buy

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Back