• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nephew's first bow

essdub

My nephew (now 6 yrs old) has been wanting to shoot a bow, so I got an old Ben Pearson out of the house and strung it up. It's too long for him though. So today I went to Academy sports and found this on sale for $15 .
e7f7619b87fce7b3ae14301c98746394.jpg

His dad said over the phone that I could get it for him, but I'm pretty sure my little brother (dad to nephew) is gonna hate me before long.

Thats what I started my sons on. It has a lot to be desired but was enough to ignite the fire in them!

Short video of him shooting.
He doesn't wanna shoot the target. He wants to shoot any other inanimate objects though.
He went running through the woods saying he was Gonna find a deer.
His dad walks up and asks me where he went and I told him. His response:"yeah, he keeps running in there looking for them. He calls them like you call a kitty"

Caden shooting his first bow: http://youtu.be/O-7fHv7j-Y4

Back