• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New bridge

Jess89

I was wondering if 10mm is to big to make my bridge out of I just got 200' sterling dynamic 10.1mm I replaced my tether and lineman's rope with this and was just curious if I can use it to make a new bridge for my hawk saddle

I was wondering if 10mm is to big to make my bridge out of I just got 200' sterling dynamic 10.1mm I replaced my tether and lineman's rope with this and was just curious if I can use it to make a new bridge for my hawk saddle
I've never tried it but I can't think of any reason a 10mm rope wouldn't work for a saddle. I run a 1" tubular webbing bridge on my Recon. I don't think you'll notice any stretch or movement on a dynamic line in something as short as a bridge.

I've never tried it but I can't think of any reason a 10mm rope wouldn't work for a saddle. I run a 1" tubular webbing bridge on my Recon. I don't think you'll notice any stretch or movement on a dynamic line in something as short as a bridge.
Ok thank you

Ok
AeroHunter used to have predator rope as the original Kestrel bridge, which is (I believe) 11.2mm. 10mm would be a great size IMO.
I give $75 for 200' so I figured if I could replace my bridge with it to then I saved my self some money down the road when these start to wear. my original bridge that came on the saddle is already got a fray on it already just like the original tether and linemans ropes do I didn't feel to safe using them so a friend of mine hooked me up with some better rope to keep me from using the ones that was sent with it

I've had a few Aero Hunter saddles with the fat bridges and tethers. Still have a couple hanging around.
I don’t think that they are "Predator ropes"???
View attachment 78285
Those were the ropes they used pre Samson predator… then they used all gear 11mm ropes after the predator rope was out of stock for nearly half a year

My Aero Hunter Kestrel and Flex had Predator rope bridges on them . I stiil have the Flex and the bridge permanently attached on one side and the other isn't so you can disconnect it and dont have to step through it to put the saddle on. It would also be great with the IWOM suit.

Last edited:
Like @DB4x4 suggested, your 10mm rope will be fine and if combined with a 7 or 8mm hitch cord, you can make an adjustable length which is also nice if you like a shorter bridge for walking or climbing, then a longer bridge while in the tree.

I don't adjust my bridge much. Usually shorter when climbing 2TC or one-sticking and lengthen it up when at height.
But having the ability to adjust it is a necessity as far as I'm concerned.

How are you climbing?

I don't adjust my bridge much. Usually shorter when climbing 2TC or one-sticking and lengthen it up when at height.
But having the ability to adjust it is a necessity as far as I'm concerned.

How are you climbing?
I like the short bridge for climbing, extra long when sitting, but breaking that prusik on the ground to climb and then in the tree to sit was a PIA so I just climbed with a long bridge….until I put a second 8mm short bridge on it last week to climb on. Only used it a few times so far, but seems to be the ticket for me.

Not to derail this particular thread but about three weeks or so ago I went to an openable bridge from the Amsteel Guy off the EWO website. It comes with a rated carabiner and you can adjust the bridge down to short length for one stick climbing and then open it up once at HH to "tweak" your adjustment angle for comfort or just what you are used to having. I like it a lot so far.

Going off what 2sloe said above.
I started running two bridges over the summer while practicing going around limbs climbing 2TC
I really like having a second bridge now and I put one on all of my saddles.
I don’t use the second one very often but it sure makes things nice when I wanna clip into it for whatever reason...

Back