• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Louisiana - Soon to be in a saddle!

Basin

Hello! New guy from Gonzales, LA.
Heard about saddle hunting from 2 friends.. I was skeptical at first, but after spending time reading on this site, talking with my friends and listening to podcasts they’ve sent me from Mr Womack and others, Im on board with the idea!

I’m on the waiting list for a new saddle and have already bought and modded helium sticks for the climb!

I think my climbing stand days are numbered.
Appreciate all the good information and genius ideas on this site!

I heard saddles were outlawed on Louisiana public land, with special emphasis on areas that are tough to get to. If you want you can just drop your saddle by place so you don't get in trouble...

Hello, I am new to saddle hunting as well and this is my first post from here in Prairieville La. Similar situation, I had a friend recently introduce me to saddle hunting and have ordered a kestrel. I just received my helium’s but haven’t modified them yet. I do have a platform project currently underway thanks to Slo Mo’s thread.

Welcome from Denham Springs! If you need any help with anything please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to have you come by my place or come by yours, especially if you have some really prime private hunting land you want me to help show you the ropes on! don't mind huck72412. His chicanery is only to make you think he's the coolest guy on here and that could never be true cuz I'm the coolest guy on here ALL BS aside welcome to the site. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Haha! Thanks for the welcome guys, and the entertainment!!

@kyler1945 Can you show me the exact public areas you described and know of that saddle hunting is not allowed?... ya know, for my records! ;)

@benny a gregoire jr. Man, I think we used to go to church together way back when.. Assuming your dad is Benny, is your brother Aaron?

@Swampfox & @Deltahuntr we're all neighbors. I say Gonzales bc that's my address, but I'm on the edge of Galvez near 931 and roddy road.

Welcome from Denham Springs! If you need any help with anything please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to have you come by my place or come by yours, especially if you have some really prime private hunting land you want me to help show you the ropes on! don't mind huck72412. His chicanery is only to make you think he's the coolest guy on here and that could never be true cuz I'm the coolest guy on here ALL BS aside welcome to the site. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ever since @huck72412 got his tethrd sponsorship truck, his head has been swole like he wears a castration band around his neck!

Back