• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from New Orleans

Welcome to the site! Just ask any questions and the guys will help.

I'm trying to find my way to my first deer. mobility seems to be the key so I'm in. any tips on climbing and placement would be great. I hunt public land mostly the spillway http://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/Porta...et Carre Hunting Brochure 2017 082817 V3.pdf

thanks yall

Welcome, I work for Chouest down on the Bayou. I’m out of the country right now but when I was hanging around NO going to school or work I checked out Pearl River, Atchafalaya Basin. I would say Cypress or Pine trees XOP climber top. Oaks or anything with limbs Sticks or Wild Edge steps both with Reds climbing aider. I haven’t tried SRT yet but I’m told trees with limbs it’s the easiest setup. Good luck lots of critters there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm trying to find my way to my first deer. mobility seems to be the key so I'm in. any tips on climbing and placement would be great. I hunt public land mostly the spillway http://www.mvn.usace.army.mil/Porta...et Carre Hunting Brochure 2017 082817 V3.pdf

thanks yall

Welcome swamp solo! Although I've never hunted the spillway I have spent a good bit of time in that place working and duck dog trials. I've heard the deer population is rebounding after the 2011 flood and worth making the effort to hunt. Natural browse is the key you'll be looking for. Oaks dropping acorns if there are any left, if not luck for briars and green forage that the cold hasn't killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome great bunch of guys on here. Just ask anything and we will be happy to help you. Once you hunt out of a saddle you never want to hunt any other way.

Back