• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Southeastern Michigan!

DragginRope

New to the forum and saddle hunting. I have hunted since I was 8yrs old, I am 36 yrs old now. I am a combat veteran and a current military member. I am very interested in saddle hunting and prepared to make my first purchase. I quess my question is, what are the options on the market? I have been looking into the AH Kestrel, but is this the only option. I have seen the sitdrag, is it still available? If the sitdrag is available is it safe to use that high up in a tree or does it have to be heavily modified? Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Welcome to the site and thank you for your service! The sitdrag is available but only intended for ground use so it is recommended to wear a rock climbing harness with it as a backup. Also with a sitdrag you would need to build a bridge, linemans belt and tether. The kestrel is intended to be used off the ground and comes in a ready to hunt kit (although once you start, you will always want to start personalizing your stuff).

Thank you for your service !! People like you are the reasons , we can do what we do ! Welcome sir !

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

New to the forum and saddle hunting. I have hunted since I was 8yrs old, I am 36 yrs old now. I am a combat veteran and a current military member. I am very interested in saddle hunting and prepared to make my first purchase. I quess my question is, what are the options on the market? I have been looking into the AH Kestrel, but is this the only option. I have seen the sitdrag, is it still available? If the sitdrag is available is it safe to use that high up in a tree or does it have to be heavily modified? Thanks in advance for any and all info.
Welcome to the site, thank you for your service!! There are a handful of good options you will hear discussed here. I went with the kestrel, b/c it's all new to me & it seemed fairly ready to go.....

Welcome. I'm local to you most of the time, but currently burning some vacation out-of-state. LMK if I can help.

Back