• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Guy. With questions.

Foosty

Yawp SaddleNation! I'm transitioning to SH, I have W.E. Stepps and a Mantis on order, ( I know I'll get it when I get it, and I'm not grumpy about it ;) ), and I'm stoked! I only have two questions. 1. What is your favorite light weight method to drag a deer out long distance?, And 2. What is the lightest weight and smallest pack capable of carrying a bow, water bottle, knife, and range finder and other small stuff, flash light, gloves, etc.?

Uhh.. Side Q, what is the process to make a pic on the phone small enough to be acceptable as an avatar?

Last edited:
1. that's too mainstream we aren't there yet, close
2. i would put the bow on a sling and the rest in my pockets if that all I carried.
3. TAPATALK is the only way to go on a phone you don't have to do anything to the pictures. I rarely post pics form the computer because of this

4. welcome to the site!

To set a photo as your avatar it has to be pretty small. I forget the dimensions right now but I believe it tells you when you go to load it. You would need some sort of program to crop or resize it.

To set a photo as your avatar it has to be pretty small. I forget the dimensions right now but I believe it tells you when you go to load it. You would need some sort of program to crop or resize it.
Ok. Used Tapatalk, looks like that worked.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I bought a "Glenn's deer handle" years ago, it's small, light weight, provides good leverage.

Im just starting my research on saddle hunting but this year I was using an eberlestock dagger pack. Its about 350-400 cubic inches and fits all the stuff i need. Also has verticle straps with molle webbing down the side. I got some quick attach things off amazon that allow me to run a bungee chord if i was taking extra layers. The pack came with a hydration bladder too

Back