• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New saddle hunter need some help

MarshHunter

SH Member
I'm looking into getting one. I see there are couple different ones. Looking for the right size and some advice. So I'm 6'1 and 235lbs. Any help will be greatly appreciated looking to buy one before oct 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trophyline you'd want a medium

Kestrel I think you'd want a size 1, but I could be wrong about that one

Rock harness (try some on at climbing gear store)/sit drag ( one size fits most )

There's a few others. Just start reading

Medium TL? I'm 5'7", 145# and wear a medium. He needs a large IMO....which should be easy to find used right now.

I'm looking into getting one. I see there are couple different ones. Looking for the right size and some advice. So I'm 6'1 and 235lbs. Any help will be greatly appreciated looking to buy one before oct 1st.

I'd recommend getting the New Tribe Aero hunter Kestrel. It is there new saddle and was just released. The problem is you probably won't have it before October 1st. As far as sizing you can go to their site and following their instructions. It is based on waist size.

If you can not wait, you can look in the classifieds and on ebay for used trophyline tree saddles or a new tribe aero hunter evolution. I think you'd probably be a large tree saddle and a size 2 evolution (again depends on waist size). You can also get a guido's web, they will only be available until the end of the year.

What are you looking for in a saddle? The web is larger and bulkier but it is as comfortable as a recliner. The other's are much lighter and more suited for more mobile hunting and can be very comfortable as well, just nothing will be as comfortable as a web.

MarshHunter, I'm just slightly smaller than you and used a TrophyLine saddle in Large. With the new Kestrel just coming out, there should be a number of used saddles hitting the market. Good luck!

I'd recommend getting the New Tribe Aero hunter Kestrel. It is there new saddle and was just released. The problem is you probably won't have it before October 1st. As far as sizing you can go to their site and following their instructions. It is based on waist size.

If you can not wait, you can look in the classifieds and on ebay for used trophyline tree saddles or a new tribe aero hunter evolution. I think you'd probably be a large tree saddle and a size 2 evolution (again depends on waist size). You can also get a guido's web, they will only be available until the end of the year.

What are you looking for in a saddle? The web is larger and bulkier but it is as comfortable as a recliner. The other's are much lighter and more suited for more mobile hunting and can be very comfortable as well, just nothing will be as comfortable as a web.

Thanks more mobile thanks for the advice

I am 5-11 210 pounds I got a large trophyline tree saddle and it was way too big I ended up getting a medium.When I talked to them when they were in business they said they were made big and I should have been in a medium.

Back