• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New to saddle hunting

Justhanginground

Hello from Indiana I'm new to the saddle style hunting. Been chasing deer for 3 decades now and I've been up trees in just about every style of stand. I decided to change it up this year and work a different angle to my style. Im wanting a more run and gun approach to chasing big whitetail. I ordered the new Kestrel and looking for any tricks or tips to add to my new approach.

Last edited:
Welcome! I have a soft spot for Indiana, my biggest buck (in my profile) came from Richmond, IN. I used to hunt with a buddy up there every year.

Hello from Indiana I'm new to the saddle style hunting. Been chasing deer for 3 decades now and I've been up trees in just about every style of stand. I decided to change it up this year and work a different angle to my style. Im wanting a more run and gun approach to chasing big whitetail. I ordered the new Kestrel and looking for any tricks or tips to add to my new approach.
Sounds good, I'm right there with you. Great site with lots of active members.

I’ve been hunting 40 years and my twin brother turned me onto the new aero saddle. I can’t wait to try it. I ll have all ring and summer to practice for the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been hunting 40 years and my twin brother turned me onto the new aero saddle. I can’t wait to try it. I ll have all ring and summer to practice for the fall.

I’m changing it up big time. My brother talked me into a sit and drag. Then a few weeks later an aero hunter kestrel. I can’t wait to try it out

Welcome! I have a soft spot for Indiana, my biggest buck (in my profile) came from Richmond, IN. I used to hunt with a buddy up there every year.[/QU
Welcome! I have a soft spot for Indiana, my biggest buck (in my profile) came from Richmond, IN. I used to hunt with a buddy up there every year.
G2,
Every time I see your avatar I am envious. What did that monster score?

Welcome to the site!!! If you haven't sat in a saddle at all, give it a good bit of time at ground level. A lot of guys that don't have other saddle hunters around give things one or two tries and give up on it. There are a LOT of things that guys on this site can solve in a split second that seem like major deal breakers to guys not experienced in saddlehunting. This style of hunting is THE MOST personalized style of hunting there is out there. You may have to play around a while to find your comfort zone, but once you find it...... you will NEVER go back. There are a thousand solutions to most problems out there, and this site will help you solve most of those problems.

I’m new too, and waiting for my
new seat. I do have a Sit & Drag, that will be used this Turkey season

G2,
Every time I see your avatar I am envious. What did that monster score?
It was in the low 160s as a typical 12. Killed him on my first sit on a 5 acre woodlot surrounded by standing corn fields. He was living in the corn and came into the woods to run off a subordinate buck who was chasing a doe. I've never seen another one as big and I may never again.

Sorry Justhanginground, I must have forgotten my manners,... welcome to the site. I'm easily sidetracked by big bucks! You've been a member longer than I have, lol.
Haven't we met before? Oh yeah! How do you like the Eberhart books I sent you? lol

Back